Who will rent us trailers? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who will rent us trailers?

Hey guys i read about two pages of the uhell stuff and wondered if there was a conclusion to who will rent us trailers one way?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they seem to believe me when I say its a ranger?

Maine087.jpg

mutt001.jpg

Picture005.jpg

ScottG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have seen quite a few U-haul trailers around here being pulled with Explorers, but we have a lot of little companies who rent U-haul trailers like storage places so I wonder if that is where they are going. I just use a little utility trailer so I don't have to mess with trying to rent a trailer.

I just pulled into one of our centers this morning to drop off paperwork and a 02-05 XLT pulled in behind me with a 6'x12' trailer behind it. The owner dropped the trailer and left. When we researched the contract, he had told the dealer he was using a 07 F350 to pull with.

Thanks guys for all the posts! Not saying I did anything shady but I have since towed the uhaul 6x12 trailer quite a few times. Pick it up with a buddy in his vehicle and drop it off with the Exploder. Always in anticipation of a jaw drop or something to that effect! Bite it uhaul, the Firestone tire is done and dealt with, no known new problems since the gov. started regulating load and speed ratings on tires.

We should file a class-action lawsuit for prejudice against Explorer owners! LoL yeah, I would just say until they wise up and stop going off their knee-jerk reaction to the 2nd gen X/ Firestone tire issue (over a decade ago!) just boycott the SOB's. You could also check with equipment rental places like RSC or Blue Line, dunno how willing they'd be to do one-way, but anything's possible. I would be much more willing to do anything other than give those Explorer hating U-Hell people any of my hard-earned pennies. But, seriously, what could they even do if you did bring it back with an X??? NOTHING, because there is no provision in their contract for a penalty for using anything other than what you say you're using. Plus, unless you damage it, no harm, no foul. Make sure what you're signing, though. Now that I've pointed it out they may just go and change wording in their contract, seeing as we have a mole in our forum! (Points at Drewstang) :p. LoL

What are you looking to rent, I usually rent from sunbelt, they have nice 6x16 dual axle trailers for around 45 bucks a day

What are you looking to rent, I usually rent from sunbelt, they have nice 6x16 dual axle trailers for around 45 bucks a day

The OP was looking for a one-way trailer for moving. I think Sunbelt only rents locally.

Also, OP was 7 years ago.

For grins and giggles, I just checked with Uhaul's website, and it said that a 2002 explorer was not OK, but a 2002 mercury mountaineer is.

Uhaul is still stupid.

I rented from U-Haul a couple of months ago with my '99 Mounty. Probably built on the same assembly line as the banned Explorers!

Don't give uHaul your money. If they are too stupid to realize the root cause of the problem then they'll be too stupid to realize you're taking your business to another rental location.

Or if you can't get what you need at another rental location, borrow a different truck to pick up the trailer and then hook it up to the Explorer.

I rented from U-Haul a couple of months ago with my '99 Mounty. Was built on the same assembly line as the banned Explorers!
Fixed!

was built in KY. (Lexington?)

Back