Who's in NJ? Where? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's in NJ? Where?

no job right now and it needs insur. and reg....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there's tons of trails in the pines that are legal. they're only illegal at dusk.. .if you're cought back there after sun-down its like a $2000 fine:eek:

there's tons of trails in the pines that are legal. they're only illegal at dusk.. .if you're cought back there after sun-down its like a $2000 fine:eek:

Wow, I didn't know about that area. Sounds great to me.

newb from Clifton here Want to try out all the work I done Where/ when?

Just go to splitrock for a bit on your own. You'll have fun. If ya need another rig to go in, it's not me, but I'll go for a ride! I can get some people to go tool around for a bit.

Just go to splitrock for a bit on your own. You'll have fun.

:thumbdwn: No.....NO.....NO NO....dont wheel there unless you have at least 3 rigs......its too secluded....ill see if my buddy will take the valdez and my other buddy to take the cj.....

Heres the "work" I done so far:

First let me say i bought this thing new for my ex in 91- Since then it has been thouroughly neglected passed down thru 3 of my 5 kids

Always liked the way it looked (white Eddie Bauer) but had my own toys.

4wd didnt work in 5 years Went thru rotors broken into rust on rockers turned from white to yellow brown just used by son for 2 jobs and commute to college

Nursed it for a year with limping trans- kept adding trans additives- worked until just quit- lots of revs, truck just sat there

So had trans rebuilt $1900. 00 ouch Son used it until front rotors were trashed, and other son was selling his own EX a california car for we dry docked the 91 and young son got olders 94 limited.

Put 91 on Craigs list for 500 bucks- Body still nice- needs brakes newer tires on alloy rims- for 5 bills you cant go wrong...

Real cheapskates called about it- Ill give you 2 3 or 4.. Im thinkin man I just put $1900.00 in to trans, sorry i dont need the money just the space...

ANYWAY , sold my 01 Duramax Ally for a balls out work /dump truck The duramax i could bring home and park in front of my house, the dump truck i couldnt... My other car is a C6 vette, and that dont get drivin in the rain...

So I give the X another look- hell its paid for, and its 4wd, (if i could get it to work) its got nice rims, and except for a foot of rusted rockers and a few dings bodys pretty good. Interior and glass were always good, daughter had glass tinted so its blacked out and looks cool.

All of a sudden I saw potential with this truck. Since i restore old cars, i now saw this as just another project, low buget beater till i pay off my Vette.

Asked my friends on a camaro site where to go, guy pointed me here..

So... Now im excited- the yellow paint I knew could be brought up by washing it with Krud Kutter, a cleaner from Home Depot. Makes the white factory new. But first i had to work on the brakes..

So-and ill just go down the line of whats been done:

bought new rotors, pads and calipers, along with front bearings, and installed

then got new mile marker hubs and installed.

then rebuilt shift motor, wala ! 4wd works again

ordered new dynomax cat back exhaust and installed good sound now

RA bushings...Hmmmm read this site and ordered the parts $11.88 for brackets, and spent a day and a half on my back in 5 degree weather outside but comfortable in my garage with space heater new urethane bushings DONE

Then fixed all bad bulbs, and small items like headlamp pull that was broke..

Ordered new war's and AAl, and Daystar 2" lift, and put them on..

then took out Mach radio/CD and at least got lighting to work on it, still no sound..

Then replaced rear bumper with new no hole one..

Then took off front air dam tupperware and pushed front bumper all the way up to tighten look up front, changed front licence bracket so it is up in front of bumper instead of hanging below it..

Then attacked ruted rockers, cut away rust and rivited in thick bent aluminum, and bondoed and sanded it, primed and awaiting nice day to spray bomb it..

Then bent up entire pinch weld along rocker to clean up bottom and give appearance of even higher lift...

Then took off front grill and painted the argent insert semi black, along with the rear back window post things..

then installed a JC whitney front brush guard, without headlight guards, in black,

along with new KC Daylighters mounted on the brush guard,

and if it didnt snow today would have installed my tow hooks,

and finally waiting for my new Rough Country 2" lift front and rear shocks along with my new 1.5" wheel spacers and camber adjusters to arrive in mail, shocks probably tomorrow spacers eno of the month,

And that just leaves the installation of my Surco roof rack, a set of 31 or 2 Mudders, and lastly, the biggest project of all, replacing the valve cover gaskets and possibly the head gasket.

Well, you asked for it!

hi all im from kenilworth nj...its right off the gsp...i also work for the njtp so im all up and down that all day. not with my explorer though..lol but if any one knows anything i can do to the truck let me know...

id be all up for a pine barron run. but there's only one place i know of off Rt539 that i can get my truck into without scratching the heII outta the paint.

Id be willing to go tomorrow..

Hey All, I am not from Jersey, but right across the river from it. I will be willing to meet up with some of yous and do some wheeling in the pines. I have wheeled there before with a few guys from where I worked before. Just shoot me a pm on where and when.

Hey everyone, Old bridge, NJ here, Middlesex county! I would love to find some off roading places where I won't get introuble. Anyone know? Let me know. -Ann-

just got another one

pix of the new to me '04 Expy XLS:

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

no offroading for me but I'll be at the Wyckoff Cruise Nights every Wednesday

--Russ :usa:

Hey all. From Clifton here. Just bought a 99 sport. Its my second explorer and I can't wait to get into it like I did my last one.

Probably going to be trying to put on the body lift this weekend if all goes smoothly during the week. If anyone is in the area and wants to help out, swing on by. There will be beer. :D

wats ur 20?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Everyone....

Camden County Here......Pine Hill, to be exact.

Back