Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Why Ford, Why????

Discussion in 'Auto Industry News' started by Kris Guilbeaux, June 30, 2000.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Stephen

Stephen Moderator In Memoriam Elite In Memoriam

City, State:
    Annapolis, MD
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '97 Limited
    You asked why do people buy Mustang GT's with automatics. You answered your own question.

"On the other hand I enjoy that fact that I don't have to manually shift my Exp. I do a lot of city driving to construction sites and I do incure a lot of traffic. It is nice and considered a 'luxury'"

Same way with the automatic Mustang drivers ;)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 2001ExpSport

2001ExpSport Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Chicago, Il
    2001 Sport
    Huh, I never thought of that. I should drive my Mustang to the construction site more often. Now, I wonder if my table saw will fit in the trunk....hmmmmm.............

4. Stephen

Stephen Moderator In Memoriam Elite In Memoriam

City, State:
    Annapolis, MD
    '97 Limited
    Might have to keep that trunk open ;)

5. kilroy

kilroy Active Member

City, State:
    Capron IL
    2001 F150
    I would prefer that most poeple use automatics! The majority of the people outthere can't drive a stick to save their lives. They "short shift" which p** me off when I'm behind them and have to ride my brakes so that I don't rear end them when they are shifting from first to second to third in about 30 feet and lug their engine the rest of the way. I yell come on wind that pig out before I ram you!!!

6. Skippman

Skippman Active Member

City, State:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    '93 Navajo
    Actually, I was going to buy a Jeep Cherokee <ducks> before I bought my Navajo. What kept me from buying it? No manual. And when I asked for 2 doors? Order from the factory he said. When I asked "Whats the ground clearance?" He asked me what I wanted to know that for. I told him I 4 wheel. He said let me look at the pamphlet. It didnt even tell. I ended up stealing a creeper from his auto bay and crawling under there with a tape measure. Were a dying breed folks, and that sucks. I just got started. :(

I'm only 20 and my favorite hobby is viewed as "destruction of the natural world." Hell, I probably do more as a member of tread lightly than all the Sierra Club yuppies in the world.