Widest tires for 02 Sport......no mods | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Widest tires for 02 Sport......no mods

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone??

i know for a fact 10.5" wide will fit and quite a few put 11.5" wide on stock wheels also. dunno if it rubs at all on the inside at full lock but they will fit. i wouldn't want to go any wider than 11.5" on stock wheels anyways. did u want wider than that?

I'm not really sure what size I want yet, when I had my Mustang (see sig) I had 245's front and rear which worked really good considering when I got it (used off a chevy dealership) it came with 215's. I've also got a decent amount of tread left on the stockers so it should be a while before I need to replace them. I want something that will look a little more aggressive than the stockers. Just trying to get some ideas ahead of time. What brand would you suggest....I would need something that handles well in the rain and the snow, just a regular street tire since I don't do any off roading (no 4x4). Thanks. :usa:

i know nothing about street tires... nor how to take the numbers and translate them into inches and all. if it doesn't say the size in inches on the sidewall then i don't really have a clue. i know there are people that do know so u could jus keep bumping this thread everyday till someone chimes in. or maybe u could find it on a search i dunno'. when u say more aggressive do u mean like a all terrain or like a nice sporty type tire?

www.coopertire.com Shows sizes widthes ect. for their tires. And they are good tires...

I would prefer something sporty looking......I kind of like the Cooper Cobra. Don't need an all terrain tire since I don't do any off roading, it's strictly a street truck.

Back