Will 285/75/16 BFG A/Ts fit my 01 ST without rubbing? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 285/75/16 BFG A/Ts fit my 01 ST without rubbing?

S

SportTracRollin

im going to get them on tomorrow, and i want to make sure they will fit with out rubbing? i think i have about 3/4 inch worth of TT on it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran that size on mine with a 3" bodylift, 1.75" TT and lift shackles. I had 1.5" wheel spacers and I had to do some trimming to keep form rubbing. if all you have is 3/4" TT then no they won't fit. Here's a picture of mine with the setup I listed.

picture.php

no, that is a 33" tire. You need at least a 3" body lift to fit and be nice on the trimming.

I know others have run that tire size with just a 3" body lift with alittle trimming.

If your taking about a 3" torsion key then that's too high if you have a 4wd, don't do anymore then 2" lift in the front, the IFS setup can't handle it.

I would suggest you buy a 3" Performance Accessories bodylift, the kits will be listed for '01-02 but work for '01-05. There pretty easy to do yourself.

Thanks guys, mines 2wd but I'll prObably get a 3 inch bl and maybe go up to like 1.5 " in the TT and then go from there with the trimming, thanks

You can go with 3" TT with a 2wd, I'd look at getting lift spindles and lift shackles. You'll be set then.

Yep, 2" for 4wd because of the angle on the CV axle shafts.

You can go higher with a 2wd. You still have to watch going too high for the angles on the ball joints but you're safe with 3"'s of TT, you can get lift keys but I'd go with lift spindles and lift shackles.

Back