Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Will Gen2 Trans bolt to my Gen1 xfer case?

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by sd_iconoclast, June 3, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. sd_iconoclast

sd_iconoclast New Member

City, State:
    San Diego, CA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1991 Explorer
    I have a '91 Explorer EB 4x4 and I would like to swap in a V-8 from a Gen 2 Explorer. I have been thinking I would take the engine, tranny and xfer case from a Gen2 donor. But now that I think about it, it would save me time and money if I could just take the engine and tranny. In order for that to work, the Gen 2 tranny would need to bolt up to my Gen1 transfer case.
    Does anyone know if it does?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Spdrcer34

Spdrcer34 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Bremerton, WA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1992 Explorer XL
    No.. But a Transfer case from a F-150 will bolt up to a AWD Transmission from a 2nd gen.