Will this mirror fit an 02? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will this mirror fit an 02?

Oh, you can buy them for less, but this is a test run, at no cost, for the 4th gen mirrors. If it works, we have another option for 3rd gens (maybe 2nd gens?)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, when you going to order the tail lights, bumpers, headlights, interior, doors, wheels, and a new...................Just kidding <<HAHA

Post pics if it turns out they fit. I want to see.

If it works, we have another option for 3rd gens (maybe 2nd gens?)

I believe that when ford designed the 3gen explorer they left the mirrors untouched and carried over the mirrors from the 2gen explorer.

ha!

So, when you going to order the tail lights, bumpers, headlights, interior, doors, wheels, and a new...................Just kidding <<HAHA

Post pics if it turns out they fit. I want to see.

I believe that when ford designed the 3gen explorer they left the mirrors untouched and carried over the mirrors from the 2gen explorer.

3.5 gens? :)

Ford says it should fit... however, we ordered a set just to test them out. The question is the pigtail that comes from the 3rd gen mirror - it seems that with a few minor mods (maybe not) the 4th gen will fit the 3rd gen. They should be here tomoro morning.

Awesome...
Once we get your outcome, I hope to be ordering a set right away.
I have found some I would like to order with puddle lights, but not heated.

Thanks Donner for doing all the legwork :salute:

No prob... but it seems like someone would have done this already, and just hasn't seen this thread.

Yeah your right. Well at least it will officially be a thread for others. Great now I am never gonna get my mirrors, because everyone gonna hog them off of ebay...lol

images

check this out from the showroom floor...

Externally that looks the same.

12 hours 8 minutes and 32 seconds... :)

Mirror is here! Will have fotos shortly...

Nice!!!!

The glory is not mine...

Because this was trucku's idea, I'm not taking full pics. But they are a perfect match - perfect fit - no issues with anything. The pigtail runs from the vehicle to the mirror. Three bolts and a plugin... done. These mirrors are from Ford, so they cost new part prices... :thumbsup::thumbsup: Easy as pie!

Awesome Donner.:salute::thumbsup:

Please go ahead and post up the full pics. As far as I am concerned you did the legwork and can post whatever pics and information for all others. Thanks Man:thumbsup:

Since this thread is the "question" thread, we can put this up all information on what to order with before and after pics as a seperate mod thread. As long as it serves our forum well, its a good mod/upgrade thread IMO.

You did all the work bro. I just had the idea.

Did you get them with puddle light and heat?

Pics!! Just for the fit...

The Parts Dept actually compared these to the gen 3 models looking for any differences - none found. Perfect fit... Garage shots, so I have no space for pics... once the other is received tomoro I'll do full pics

Man they look awesome.

Just ordered mine, $55.89 each shipped.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can get them with three diff types of covering - I just got standard. (I'll post again in the morning after the other mirror comes in...

Back