Will this mirror fit an 02? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will this mirror fit an 02?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's not rude...

I'm not being rude...this is just my opinion but those mirrors are ugly they look awful there so big! there so big I bet your fuel consumption will go up. please don't put em on.........

Any time something doesn't look good to someone, it's nice to hear. I routinely say if I think something is uggums/ugly. No harm :salute:

I'm not being rude...this is just my opinion but those mirrors are ugly they look awful there so big! there so big I bet your fuel consumption will go up. please don't put em on.........

Any time something doesn't look good to someone, it's nice to hear. I routinely say if I think something is uggums/ugly. No harm :salute:

*** That...*** that ****....

Just kidding.... I will cut hole in it to lessen drag:D

The extra vision is needed in my "foreign driver riddled area" I need to see them from all angles...:D

Not to bash you or anything but my fuel consumption is considerably lower than that of the earlier model explorers. I get around 25-26 highway. I average around 22-23mpg per tank. Bigger mirrors are better because they reduce blind spots.

Ya me voy pa' Queens!

*** That...*** that ****....

Just kidding.... I will cut hole in it to lessen drag:D

The extra vision is needed in my "foreign driver riddled area" I need to see them from all angles...:D

ha! we're mostly all foreigners or transplants here... :D

I mean the foreign foreigners...:D

Ok I mean people who can't drive.....lol

wait I just said that:D

I should be getting my set of mirrors in few days.

Not to bash you or anything but my fuel consumption is considerably lower than that of the earlier model explorers. I get around 25-26 highway. I average around 22-23mpg per tank. Bigger mirrors are better because they reduce blind spots.

lol, I was just kidding about the fuel consumption...

lol, I was just kidding about the fuel consumption...

Well, in that case your explorer is.......:D
Yup i like them because they look macho and i think that they add to the whole style of the explorer. In fact it's one of the crowning features of the 4th gen explorers.

Mine are installed. Everything works fine. My new puddle lights work great!!!
I must say what an improvement with my field of vision.

:thumbsup: from me.

Mine are installed. Everything works fine. My new puddle lights work great!!!
I must say what an improvement with my field of vision.

Did you previously not have puddle lights before?

From some pictures the mirrors appear to be convex in shape, allowing a wider field of vision in the mirror. Is this true?

Thanks.

Did you previously not have puddle lights before?

From some pictures the mirrors appear to be convex in shape, allowing a wider field of vision in the mirror. Is this true? Everything just plugs right in.

Thanks.

NO puddle lights before. Looks like the truck is wired for it already. I wonder if the heated ones would have worked.

Your right that mirror does not look flat (haven't verified that). Field of view is HUGE. When looking out my right rear view mirror my thought was it didn't seem flat.

Attachments

• 062208_15271.jpg
    062208_15271.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 624
  • 062208_15272.jpg
    062208_15272.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 612
  • 062208_15451.jpg
    062208_15451.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 604

Your right that mirror does not look flat (haven't verified that). Field of view is HUGE. When looking out my right rear view mirror my thought was it didn't seem flat.

If it says "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" then you have a convexed mirror. The 2006 i own has the convexed mirror on the right side. My guess is no your right mirror is not flat and the left one is.

If it says "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" then you have a convexed mirror. The 2006 i own has the convexed mirror on the right side. My guess is no your right mirror is not flat and the left one is.

Really, I did not know that....lol I feel like a boob.
Yes it does say that.

Visibility is very good with both of them. I am happy. $106 for both shipped to me from ebay.

I think that everyone's right mirror is convexed and the left one is flat, unless their custom.
Glad you like them, its one of my favorite parts of my 06

Easiest upgrade for my explorer and one of the nicest for a reasonable price.

Funny of all the stuff I do for this rig and never hear anything from my wife, she really like the new mirrors. I have done good...lol

Easiest upgrade for my explorer and one of the nicest for a reasonable price.

Funny of all the stuff I do for this rig and never hear anything from my wife, she really like the new mirrors. I have done good...lol

Not fair, the easiest upgrade i have ever done is the one she complains about the most, filling the gas tank. She wasn't to thrilled when i did the only free modification to my explorer. When i bought it Used in January it came with running boards, so i took them off. Why, didn't like them, at least it was free.

Thanks for the info put the new ones one today.

CIMG1346.jpg

CIMG1345.jpg

CIMG1344.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ahh, nice. I see you even got the revised tail lights as well. All looks nice.

Back