Will this mirror fit an 02? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will this mirror fit an 02?

All of them look very nice! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hot Dog! We started a trend...lol

What the tail lights fit too...holey exploder batman!!:D

would love to know, i really want to get some 4 gen mounty lights for the 03

Man i am telling you guys just go and buy and 06-08, then you will have everything, and it won't require any work;)

Man i am telling you guys just go and buy and 06-08, then you will have everything, and it won't require any work;)

Did it ever occur to you that some people get emotionally attached to their explorers?

Did it ever occur to you that some people get emotionally attached to their explorers?

One thing I can say about my explorer is that I've hauled over 1ton of saud grass in the back trunk with the seats folded down. ;)

Now I couldn't boast of that if I traded her in.

I'm keeping my explorer until the day I have to put her down myself.

My comment was ment to be a joke, I fully understand you love your explorer, its a joke, HAHA<< get it:p: Of course if you need help picking a new one out...........:D

I know, although my last comment is true in every way, I see it is a bit over the top and was meant to be a joke too.

Good laugh.

I know, although my last comment is true in every way, I see it is a bit over the top and was meant to be a joke too.

Good laugh.

Be carefull about the last bit, where you said your going too keep it untill you have to put it down yourself. If gas goes above say $7-8 bucks i think your going to be singing a different song. I like my Explorer, just not enough to pay $8.00 a gallon.

Its still cheaper to keep the explorer than go put yourself in debt with another vehicle. Unless you have 5 grand cash extra laying around for something used.
My truck is payed for in 1.5 years, so this sucka is staying around.

oh yeah to stay on topic....Mirrors...Mirrors...Mirrors....lol

I like the gen4 look but some of the changes they made I do not like (rear hatch) and some just don't work for me (center shifter). So if I was to get a new truck it would not be a explorer.

The truck is just a DD and I will most likely keep it till it rusts out.

What about the rear hatch don't you like? Works for me, i mean its just a big door.

What about the rear hatch don't you like? Works for me, i mean its just a big door.

I think what he means is the easy accessibility of the trunk with the pop up window.

When our rear glass window pops up on the rear hatch on our older 3gen models the open hole is about 7" lower than the newer explorer. This is one of my favorite features about my explorer. Otherwise if the size of the open window was the size as the newer explorers then I would probably not mess with the window anymore and just open the trunk.

I like the gen4 look but some of the changes they made I do not like (rear hatch) and some just don't work for me (center shifter). So if I was to get a new truck it would not be a explorer.

The truck is just a DD and I will most likely keep it till it rusts out.

OH yeah, I too detest the center shifter in the center console. I think the shifter in the center console is a HUGE WASTE of space.
My reasons are as follows:

1. There would no longer be the big compartment in the center console to hold all my crap I like to stick there like my phone, waller, ipod, water bottles, pens, passengers crap, etc while on long road trips.

2. I like to use the shifter on the center column as a hand rest while driving sometimes. I also like to rest my palm on the shifter(while in drive) to help me better change the radio volume knob and stabilize my hand while I change radio controls..

I think what he means is the easy accessibility of the trunk with the pop up window.

When our rear glass window pops up on the rear hatch on our older 3gen models the open hole is about 7" lower than the newer explorer. This is one of my favorite features about my explorer. Otherwise if the size of the open window was the size as the newer explorers then I would probably not mess with the window anymore and just open the trunk.

That's it, I almost never open the whole hatch no need to but on the new ones they went back to just the window opening and I would most likely never use that as its to high and to small.

OH yeah, I too detest the center shifter in the center console. I think the shifter in the center console is a HUGE WASTE of space.
My reasons are as follows:

1. There would no longer be the big compartment in the center console to hold all my crap I like to stick there like my phone, waller, ipod, water bottles, pens, passengers crap, etc while on long road trips.

2. I like to use the shifter on the center column as a hand rest while driving sometimes. I also like to rest my palm on the shifter(while in drive) to help me better change the radio volume knob and stabilize my hand while I change radio controls..

Not only that but where would I mount my 15" monitor.

That's it, I almost never open the whole hatch no need to but on the new ones they went back to just the window opening and I would most likely never use that as its to high and to small.

Exactly, I almost never ever open the full hatch door either, it is easier to open the glass instead and it is so big I can fit anything through the glass door too.

Be carefull about the last bit, where you said your going too keep it untill you have to put it down yourself. If gas goes above say $7-8 bucks i think your going to be singing a different song. I like my Explorer, just not enough to pay $8.00 a gallon.

Probable not, the way I look at it, IF the gas goes up to $8/gall, by that time my explorer would be way to deprecated to be significant for a trade in because of its mileage and gas composition.

By that time I would probably just be stuck with it because no one would buy it from me and I would only keep it only to show to my grand children as an antique and tell them "see? this is called an SUV, there use to be a time when all americans drove SUVs that ran off of gasoline, now the SUV is extinct."
;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys please keep the thread on target.

This was for a Mirror Mod on a 02 with Gen 4 mirrors.

Back