Will this mirror fit an 02? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will this mirror fit an 02?

Okay, sorry, just having some fun, feel free to delete my past posts if you want to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What for? It sounds like you all are having fun... :)

I think that I am going to have to try this.

I think that I am going to have to try this.

Nothing to try....JUST DO IT:thumbsup:

It is literally just plug and play. I didn't have puddle lights before an now I do an they work fine. I bet the heat option would work too if I bought it.

I bought mine form ebay $106 shipped for both.

This thread has given me the big push. I am going to do it. I currently have the exact same mirror that you guys are installing except i want the Limited mirrors because their painted on the fronts, looks better. I also think the roof crossbars will be installed too. This of course will have to wait untill we get back home sometime next week. (Psst i am in Mammoth Lakes up in NoCal :D)

I priced the limited ones at the dealership recently

they were like $180 plus the painted panel!
I like the idea but too much for me

get the regular ones, and add the chrome cover on the back.

<<<<<< I have the standard ones because i have an 06, i want the limited ones because they are painted. Will the chrome caps just fit over my mirror?

I don't think those chrome panels fit over the standard mirrors, i think you can get the chrome instead of the painted panel. I don't feel like calling ford now, i will call them sometime next week and see what they say.

They will fit the standard mirrors
Auction says - "FOR BLACK NON-PAINTED MIRRORS ONLY!"
So I dont think they will fit mirrors with painted panels

Hmm, very interesting, I would prefer to keep my mirrors and just dress them up a little. I will have to see what ford says when i call them. I plan on ordering the crossbars for the roof rack so i will just ask when i do that next week.

did anyone try to fit them on the 2nd generation "X"? someone has mentioned at the beginning that 3rd gen mirrors look like they were carried over from 2nd gen... wonder if they will fit on my 02 Sport... although I'm not sure if they would look good on a "curvy" Sport. Will have to play with photoshop a bit.

Hmm... Sounds like a good challenge. Doooo it! :)

I've got access to an 02 "X"... might swap mirrors one day just to see if it fits... and if it does than it's just a question of how it will look with the new design. :thumbsup:

did anyone try to fit them on the 2nd generation "X"? someone has mentioned at the beginning that 3rd gen mirrors look like they were carried over from 2nd gen... wonder if they will fit on my 02 Sport... although I'm not sure if they would look good on a "curvy" Sport. Will have to play with photoshop a bit.

I have a 96 and a 04
parked side by side they look the same except the triangle panel that attaches to the truck has a decorative line in it on the 96. It matches up with the window trim. That triangle is plain on the 04. But otherwise looks like it would bolt right up.

I was following an 08 today and to be honest I don't think that those square mirrors will look good on my Sport... but I will check it out anyway... something new, something different. :thumbsup:

Even if the look is not what you want the field of view is so much better from them.

Even if the look is not what you want the field of view is so much better from them.

I'm not sure I agree... it's not as wide as I would like it to be... I's tall and that does not mean you get better "field of view".

I guess I need to snap some pictures... get behind a wheel of an 08 and check.

I remember mirrors in my truck back when I used to drive a semi... pretty tall and narrow - it did not make the field any bigger... just a lot of sky and pavement. I had to attach one huge fish eye mirror to see the blind spot which was huge! mirror was like 12" tall and only 3-4" wide... :rolleyes:

Will see - I see them new style mirrors on ebarf going at $42.00 a pop... cheap.

I hear ya.

If ya want wider you can always slap on a closet door mirror on it horizontally....lol

For me it was a great improvement. I get to see the road behind me an I have it low enough not to see lots of sky. It has made a difference for me. Now I can see just adjacent to me and far back enough to see cars behind me. I like to be able to see the lines of the road go past the side/rear of truck...lol

Ebay wasn't too bad, since locally I would only be paying a few bucks cheaper for the stock style mirrors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's kind of hard on a Sport - when rear quarter windows are open the field of view is limited. I was always about different - truck has to stand out, be special. I guess I will go for it.

I can always make some money back by selling the old mirrors... even if it's at $10.00 each :rolleyes:

Back