Wind / Whistle Noise from Front Door / Mirror? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wind / Whistle Noise from Front Door / Mirror?

40 days to replace a defective headlamp and a passenger side mirror? Did it take that long for the parts to come in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

40 days is too long of the wait. Hopefully they will find this issue with whistling noise. Many people in here noticed this issue. I have it too under right circumstances. There has to be some amount of wind speed and need to drive 25-50 miles per hour. I hate it. I can even hear the right passenger side with the windows closed. It is not as loud but still annoying. People driving with their music on will not care as much.

Yes, we have a thread for this issue. Few members reported a whistling sound coming out from passanger front window. I am driving with front windows down, but never heard any whistling noise. I put on 850 miles.

Do you have a link to the thread? Our 2020 XLT does it and it's annoying. I've had more issues in three months with my 2020 than I did with my 2011 ever.

Do you have a link to the thread? Our 2020 XLT does it and it's annoying. I've had more issues in three months with my 2020 than I did with my 2011 ever.
As far as I know, this is the only thread on the issue.

Peter

That's surprising because the 2011 was chock full of recalls and TSBs and I think one of the worst "all new" vehicles (till all the fixes came out).

I am taking my ST in for service next week and this whistle is one of the items they are going to address. I will update if they resolve anything, the dealership was going to research before I brought it in since I told them there were many others complaining of the issue.

Recalls are one thing, little nuisance crap like wind noise, windows freezing, rattles on the moonroof, and on and on i could go, are what get me. that alludes to craftsmen ship.

I have same the wind noise/whistle from 55+ mph. Driving me crazy!

I have same the wind noise/whistle from 55mpg+. Driving me crazy!

Thats some awesome fuel economy :) kidding around, you meant 55mph+

I know this is not a 2008, but my experience may help you with your 2020. The window weatherstrip on the vertical part of the window, on the rear part, pulls away from the window frame and makes a lot of wind noise. If you haven't found the source of your wind noise, you could check the window weatherstrip.

I have same the wind noise/whistle from 55+ mph. Driving me crazy!

Same here! I bought OEM VentVisors in hopes they would help but no joy. I like the way they look though so will keep them on. :)

I am taking my ST in for service next week and this whistle is one of the items they are going to address. I will update if they resolve anything, the dealership was going to research before I brought it in since I told them there were many others complaining of the issue.
Any news from your dealer visit on this topic Tony?

Peter

Any news from your dealer visit on this topic Tony?

Peter[/QU
This is the low speed whistle. The dealer heard the whistle on my vehicle and verified it existed on a couple other 2020 explorers they had on the lot as well. They reported it to Ford and are awaiting a response or repair from Ford. Their input was not the first on this issue. They will call me when they get feedback. As with a few other issues, there is no fix or info back from Ford.

So my dealer has ordered a new passenger mirror. They said that when they fold the mirrors in, the whistle goes away so ford approved a new one.

Will report back once installed and confirm if it does goes away

So my dealer has ordered a new passenger mirror. They said that when they fold the mirrors in, the whistle goes away so ford approved a new one.

I think I'd be very skeptical, but I hope it fixes it.

Peter

I folded my mirrors in while driving and still heard it. Best of luck though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting. But unless they have modified the design of the mirror, I don't see how a replacement will change anything.

Back