Window Cleaning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Cleaning

Hi guys, a couple of weeks ago a cleaned my front and rear window (inside and out) with a "professional auto glass cleaner". The problem is that it left horrible streaks. I've decided to refrain from using this type of cleaner again because the streaks looked really bad. Any ideas on a good one? What about just plain old Windex? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

windex or ill put window washer solution on a rag and wipe the inside of the window down that way.

I always used the Eagle One glass cleaner because of my tints and it worked well, but the Stoner's Invisible Glass in the spray bottle is amazing. Stuff is worth the money. You can get it at AutoZone.

Newspaper is always a good idea. I need to get some Invisible Glass when I have time. Oh BTW, can you use Stoner's on tints too?

Thank you all for your replies! I'll try the Stoner's Invisible Glass

It isn't just me right? other people have had a similar problem?

I just cold filtered water and newspaper.

Billy, I think the Stoner's is tint safe. Newspaper is a great idea for the outside of the windows (the newsprint will act as a fine polish for the glass), but don't use it on the inside of the windows if you have aftermarket tint film. Personally, I have had great results with Sprayway Glass Cleaner.

Mike

Sprayway does rock doesn't it ?
Just tonight I got my windows tinted ( 35% & 5% )
I was told NO WINDEX !! Silly me , didn't ask , well , what can I use ?
Any body know ?
( other than the afore mentioned Stoners )

basically anything without ammonia.....a good rule of thumb is nothing that is blue color. I would just stick with the stoners...great stuff

MONMIX

Sprayway's safe to use on the tint film. I use it on mine all the time.

Mike

Cool man , thanks.

Just be sure to only clean windows when they are cool and not in the sun. In the hot sun anything will evaporate before you can wipe it off and you will get streaking. If they are really dirty, like mine get, you might have to do it twice.

I use Clear View on my windows works great, no ammonia so tint safe too. The way I was taught to clean windows back when I used to detail was the two rag method. It's like this you use rags like you'd use to take off wax. Spray the window and use the first one to rub the outline of the window. Then use the same rag and wipe the window from top to bottom verticaly. Then using the second rag wipe another outline of the window then wipe the entire window horizontly. 9.5 times out of ten this will result in a perfect window. And of course as was said earlier don't do it in direct sunlight. Repeat this on the rest of the windows, two rags will usually be enough to do the entire inside.

Back