Window issue in the front driver's side. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window issue in the front driver's side.

pnhons

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer XLT
My driver side power window stopped working half way down, by the tilt I thought it probably jumped the track. Pulled the panel and it had, but the bigger issue was with the x scissor arm. The top left had popped out of the plastic slider and been bent back. Pulled it forward and placed the window back in track. Now having trouble getting the arm to reseat back in the slider. Hope this makes sense... Help would be appreciated. Pictures even better! Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got it!

Got it! Realigned the arm with the slider, made sure the widow was in the guides and used a C-Clamp to put enough pressure to pop it back in. Works like new. Thanks anyhow.

check wires in the driver door when open mine were sliced in two that controll pass window had to soder back together wierd it was the only wire cut but some thing in door did it. you might have to pull or remove rubber sleve to see affected area

Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it! Got it fixed, the scissor arm had poppoed out of the guide.

Back