1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Window won't go up

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by spence7607, July 25, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. spence7607

spence7607 New Member

City, State:
    El Paso, TX
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 XLT
    I have a 94 XLT 4wd and My drivers window will not go up. I search on here and all my symptom lead me to the window motor bushings. Checked those out and the bushings were fine. I opened the motor and it was burned on the inside, so I installed a new motor. It worked fine for about 2 days, and this afternoon when I got home from work the window will once again not go up. There is power at the switch, and I know the motor is good since I just put it in on Saturday. Anyone have this problem before, or have any ideas what it could be?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. ranger-93

ranger-93 Active Member

City, State:
    Fayetteville, GA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    93 ranger, 01 f-350
    maybe the cables that help pull up or the "window track" is off track or messed up?