• Register Today It's free!

wiper motor DIES with a buzz

IgotTwo

Reaction score
City, State
Branchburg, N.J.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT - 97 XLT SOHC
The front windshield wipers gave out on my 94 a few days ago . When I try to turn them on, I get a faint buzzing sound from what looks like some module. It’s under the dash to the left of the ash tray…..about 6 wire harnesses.

Before I try to replace the wiper motor does anyone know if that could be my problem?….maybe the intermittent feature of the wipers? I can't find any reference to it in my Ford books related to NO WIPERS, yet its faintnig buzzing.
Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check the fuses and relays?

I think its the Interval Windshield Wiper module. I dug a little depper and found that models with initermittent wiper have this module. THAT is the thing that is buzzing. I ordered one (dealer part only) so lets see if $60 some bucks does it
thanks for replty

I, sometimes, have the same noise. I'm pretty sure it's the intermittant wiper control on the stalk (as IgotTwo mentioned).

It was the "seat belt" chime that was making the buzzing noise BUT the problem was rusted contacts on the relay (in the fuse box.)
Why the seat belt chimes went off every time I turned on the wipers will have to go unsolved because the wipers are back.
Thanks for the help

Back