• Register Today It's free!

wipers not shutting off at all

tompkinswest

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xlt flex fuel
Hey....I let my inlaws borrow my 03 explorer (I know, I know), and they brought it back and said "I broke your car". Apparently they meant the wipers. The wipers will only shut off when you pull the 30 amp "Maixi-Fuse" under the hood, or you dissconnect the battery. I have tried to replace the multi-function switch but that did not work. In fact the wipers stay on with the multi function switch completely removed. They are stuck in the low speed mode. I looked in my manual but couldn't find any sort of relay. Is there anything other than the wiper motor that could be causing this? Could it be the 30 amp "maxi-fuse? Is there a "Wiper Module" in my Explorer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!

OK...so you say there is a module....could this be causing my problem? Where is the module located and what does it look like? I talked to a tech at the dealership and he said it "might" be the wiper motor as it may not be going into the "park" setting. the wiper motor is $150 so I'd rather be more sure before I buy it. Thanks.

Back