1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by tylerdj, December 26, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. tylerdj

tylerdj New Member

City, State:
      pampa texas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1992 Explorer
      Does anyone have or know where I can find a wiring diagram for a 1991 Explorer? Thanks for the help!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jeff96

jeff96 Active Member

City, State:
      Fayetteville, NC
      03 Ninja 636, 96 Ex Sport
    4. tylerdj

tylerdj New Member

City, State:
      pampa texas
      1992 Explorer
      Do you know where the diagram for the stereo is?

5. jtison

jtison Member

City, State:
      W Connecticut
      '94 XLT/155 Kmiles 4x4
      Oh. Now you say so -- I thought you might be looking for body wiring ... those are published and all over the place.

I don't think any diagram was ever published for the audio. But the good news is that if you're talking about the factory wire-up, it's very standard among all Fords ... the same components were used for all Fords for quite a number of years. If you're looking for how the head unit connects to all its peripherals (speakers, ground, etc), you just might be able to ask any installer at any mobile audio shop ... certainly they'll have seen enough stock Fords to tell you which wire goes where. If you buy a new power head, you can get the Ford adapters so you don't have to rip out all the speaker wire (real PITA). Otherwise, you might have to just follow the wires from the speakers in.

If you're looking for a schematic of the head unit, I wouldn't look too hard: I really doubt you're gonna find one.

Good luck.