Wiring Help / Diagrams needed 02 Mounty | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiring Help / Diagrams needed 02 Mounty

rgcme33

Reaction score
City, State
Florence, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mounty AWD V8
Hi Forum! I need help finding some wires for an install...
I need a constant hot, and a switched hot (ignition), somewhere under the drivers side dash.

I found a constant hot in the steering column (yellow) but Id like help finding it and a switched 12v (ignition) somewhere close together under the dash.
There are so many bundles of wires I dont know where to start.

Any wiring diagrams someone cound send would be most helpful.

Id also be very interested in a diagram or list of the wires in the two bundles running in the wire channel down the drivers side.

Thanks in advance!!!

What are you trying to wire up?

Easiest way is behind your radio....

red/light green is ignition, dk green/light green is accessory. both of those are found in the harness coming from the ignition cylinder. i am also curious as to what you are installing.

red/light green is ignition, dk green/light green is accessory. both of those are found in the harness coming from the ignition cylinder. i am also curious as to what you are installing.

Just needed to add a relay for alarm sensor, and needed power for that.
Maybe you could help me identify the door trigger wire. I have read its black/lt blue in drivers kick panel. Well, in the wire channel there, I found two identical black/lt blue wires, and tested them both for change in either voltage or continuity as I opened and closed doors. But no change on either wire. Im stumped. Any more specific about the wires location and how I can verify that its the door trigger wire (via dmm)?

You wanted to know what I was doing...
I have added a security warning led mounted in each front door sill, and spliced those into the OEM theft light circuit. They look sweet and blink with the dash light.
DSC01710.jpg

And have also added (am trying to add) a glass break sensor to the door trigger circuit. The Glass break sensor had to be run through a relay to change its output polarity and to isolate it from the door pin. I have just one connection left and I have to find the door trigger wire in the drivers side. So far no luck. Basically Im giving my OEM alarm fuller functionality, and i choose the glass break sensor over a motion or vibration sensor to avoid false alarms. The sensor works perfectly, as it has a light to indicate operation and I can hear the relay click when I rattle my keys on glass. I just need to find this one wire.. argh, lol.

Back