Wiring power leather seats in 2002 XLT EX | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiring power leather seats in 2002 XLT EX

myexdora

Reaction score
City, State
Eastern Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
So, today I made a trip to my local junkyard for a front bumper after hitting a deer, I was in luck, and found an Eddie Bauer edition bumper (i love the look of them) and am having it painted black to match the rest of my Ex. Well, while at the yard, I stumbled upon a practically show room quality 2004 with black leather interior, and fell in love. I'm hoping on going back tomorrow to negotiate a price on the interior, I'm just wondering how big of a job it would be to wire the seats in my XLT, it not having power seats at all, and the donor car has power driver and passengers seats. Anyone have any suggestions, or pictures on how exactly to wire up? Thanks!

How dare you find a bumper on trip 1. Deer took out my front bumper last November, still waiting on a donor.
Since, many trips to the wreckers later, I've snagged all kinds of goodies off of other explorers. Overhead DVD player, rear bumper sensors and I too am looking to upgrade my interior.
Most of the wiring in the vehicles utilize one harness. From this harness come jumpers. What you will be missing, in most cases are the jumpers. Get the jumpers and you should be able to plug into the oe harness. Again, in most cases.
You need to chase all the wires back and take as many of the connections you can.
I purchased a Ford Wiring book from online for about $26.00. You may want to do the same.

I was honestly extremely surprised on how lucky I was to find the bumper, and not only did I find a bumper, but I found FOUR donor cars at the only junk yard in town. I'm from a small town, population around 2,000 people. So needless to say, I'm the only one doing any mods. to my vehicle. I picked the eddie bauer bumper cover up for 80 bucks, in perfect condition. I painted it today, and good lord willing will be on the ex by tomorrow afternoon.

I don't think it will be easy with out already having power seats, since there are so many modules involved.

I bought the Leather seats out of 2002 Limited for my 2003 XTL, I had power already though. With all the different modules, i gave up and just moved the leather over to my seats and moved the heated seat modules over.

I can't imaging trying to get it working if I didn't have any of it.

Back