Won't start after I kill it

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
First thing in the morning it starts up fine, no problems, I can turn it off with the key and it starts right back up, but if I kill it it won't do it anything, just cranks. It's been doing it to me for a couple of weeks now, at first I would just have to let it sit for a minute or two, but now it's hours before it will start back up. I think it started when it got a little hot doing dounts and then I killed it when I stopped. I've tried the inertial switch under the dash and that doesn't do anything. A guy I work with says he thinks it's vapor locked, and said his friend with a bronco II had that problem and he would hit a button under the gas tank and it would be ok then, but I can't find any buttons. Any Ideas?

I'd like some ideas, too. But it's because my dad's '54 Hudson Jet refused to start again if you killed it by letting the clutch out too fast. Otherwise it would start and restart fine. :confused:

Not that I know anything, but check your choke mechanism....maybe when the engine stalls it trips the linkage and kills the engine?

Back