Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Wood trim around front and back doors

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by BlackOut33, March 4, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. BlackOut33

BlackOut33 Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2003 Ford Explorer Ltd
    Hey guys hows it going

The wood trim that goes around the driver and passenger doors both front and back there starting to come off I tried calling fords but they said they dont sell the wood trim pieces?

Im trying to think what would put them back on good for me so they dont fall off

I was thinking crazy glue but I want something that will make it stick for a long time.

Thanks Boys!:salute:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. fedyfedz

fedyfedz Active Member

City, State:
    Suffolk County, NY
    2002 limited v8
    jb weld

4. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Worcester, MA
    2002 XLT V6 4x4
  5. da2962

da2962 Member

City, State:
    Norwalk, CT
    2003 4.0 XLT
    I had the same issue with the trim on my drivers side door over a year ago. I was worried that I would catch on it one time getting in or out and that would be it either tearing it off completely or breaking it. I used some Gorilla Glue that I happened to have lying around. Squeezed it behind the trim and along the edge very carefully, then pressed it into place and taped it down after making sure any squeeze out was cleaned completely. As I said been over a year now and it is still holding great. Actually had forgotten about it until I read this post.

6. BlackOut33

BlackOut33 Active Member

2003 Ford Explorer Ltd
    Hey boys I appreciate all the feedback soon as I got a free moment im going to run to a hardware store and see if I can find gorilla glue or what big rondo said

Thanks again!