Number4

"I'm counting to 3, then I'm getting your dad."
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Woodstock, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer 4.6l
If I might say, these should not be used in your threads title.
Instead, give us a sneak peak.
Not picking on you personally, so calm down. :D

**Infamous** - It's not.
**Another** - Have you seen how many pages there are?
**Dreaded** - Should I be living in fear?

We like you, you are important, you are part of a great forum. You can do it.

If you can think of anymore, post them and I'll add to my first post, but these are the most common ones which I find instantly annoying.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd like to add anything similar to "help please" or "is this going to cost much". Yes, we can figure you are asking for help. How about helping people to help you for free. Say more like "idle drops off at stop signs", or "brakes are squeaking". Without a hint, helpers have to open it to know it's subject matter -- let the title show the subject matter.

Exactly, some of us are good at remedying certain problems, and other problems we have no clue. With part of the problem in the title, it gets the attention of the ones that may have solved the problem in the past, and the ones that have no idea in that area can skip over that thread.

I agree that some thread titles are pretty bad. Please try to keep thread titles general.

Don't use "Please Help" Don't put "......"

KISS. Keep it straight stupid simple.

Why waste time on this??? Acting like a smart dropout kid telling others what to write (you think is right for you) instead of posting something useful. Or go fix your headlight.

Why waste time on this??? Acting like a smart dropout kid telling others what to write (you think is right for you) instead of posting something useful. Or go fix your headlight.

What are you doing in the 02-05 section?

Wasting time, telling others what to write?

I don't know if this counts as hijacking a thread, but, how about letting everyone on the forum know how the problem works out. If the suggestions offered up actually helped fix a problem.

I think that helps future searches / diagnosis. Also, it's just polite and helpful to let people who had offered suggestions for a particular problem to know whether the issue was solved or not.

Nailing down the solution and sharing it for others is an important part of the back-and-forth nature of help forums, such as this one.

If possible, the OP or a moderator should edit the title to include something like *SOLVED* or *FIXED*, so that everyone knows there is a viable fix within the thread. This will also help other/new users who are experiencing a similar problem sift through the threads (with the search function they ought to be using :thumbsup: )

Much the same as a message board with classified adds, where the OP may include *SPF* or *Sold*, etc.

Asterisks for emphasis, but obviously not necessary.

Back