How to: - Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!! | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
215125-12RackLighted2-med.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I' can't type after being on for 3 minutes. Computer problems ar getting worse. Trying to do so now before it blinks out and locks up. Will post pics now then try and strighten them out later. Seems like MB is going out on me now. Crap, if not one thing it's another. Should be finsihed by weekend after next. Got cable yesterday, he came by and picked it up, also delivered me these photos. Just having bad problems with puter and can't do crap.

Didn't get far before computer locked. Will keep trying.

Amp rack. Sub wire is pulled through. Running #12 wire through out the installation.

215125-12Rack-med.JPG

Pictures of the amp rack lit up with white neons. Red just didn't do it. Notice that the fuse holder is also lit up.

215125-12RackLighted-med.JPG

Caps will go between the 2 Alpine 500's. The cap will also be lit up.

215125-12RackLighted5-med.JPG

215125-12RackLighted2-med.JPG

Sides will be installed to clean this up. Will look much better after wiring is complete

215125-12RackLighted3-med.JPG

215125-12RackLighted4-med.JPG

Alpine Sub amps, the 500's will mount on top of this. Lights are installed.

215125-12RackPlexi-med.JPG

Boston ProSeries 12.5 Subs

215125-12Sub-med.JPG

Fuse holder will also be lit up.

215125-13Fuse-med.JPG

Amp Rack with the plexi glas layed over it. Lights are under it.

215125-13RackWPlexi-med.JPG

Pics of Alpine 7998 w/Eq that we have waited forever to get the cable for.

215125-13RadioBezel2-med.JPG

215125-13RadioBezel-med.JPG

Cables changed to carry the 200 amps of the alternator.

215125-13StarterWire-med.JPG

215125-13StarterWire2-med.JPG

215125-13StarterWire3-med.JPG

215125-13StarterWire4-med.JPG

215125-13StarterWire5-med.JPG

215125-13StarterWire6-med.JPG

215125-13StarterWire7-med.JPG

215125-13StarterWire8-med.JPG

215125-13StarterWire9-med.JPG

Cap readouts. Blue lights on the sides will be changed to white.

215125-25Digital-med.JPG

215125-25Digital2-med.JPG

Stingers

215125-25Digital3-med.JPG

These are the blue lights I was speaking of.

215125-25Digital4-med.JPG

Radio wires will be connected to steering wheel as not to lose the controls.

215125-25RadioWire2-med.JPG

215125-25RadioWire.JPG

What I really need is some nice custom fabbed sub covers now. I don't want to use the black covers that come with the Botston subs. Need something that is custom made from stainless or something. Hope most pics are self explanatory. Typing is very hard right now without locking computer up. Just not worth trying.

OK, going back today to take my own pictures. Wife is taking off from work so I can actually get some things done on my own. Have so many things to do, don't know how to act with an actual car at my disposal. Will try and post later today with more pictures if I can.

Dang computer. Well, what are your thoughts so far? Now is the time for suggestions. Yall probably know more about this stuff than me for sure. Those stingers any good? They better be top of the line items.

me like me like!

I can't wait to see the final thing.

Thanks man, your opinion, the same as others here, means a great deal to me. They asked me if they could enter my truck into the Texas Heat coming up in July. Of course I gave them permission so I am under the impression now that they are adding even more stuff to it, free of course, to get it ready. I have been without my X now since Jan, so I am sort of getting use to not having it, LOL. Only in a small way though, LOL. They also picked up the billet grille yesterday. They want to install that also while they are in it. They asked for my new mags and tires, but I drew the line somewhere, LOL, they could have asked to install the X-spec suspension package, I wouldn't have minded that. LOL.

Alrightie, as promised I made a trip to the shop today and took my camera with me to see exactly what all was going on. Here are some of the results.

I wanted to take my new sport gauges to get them installed also since we decided to go ahead and put in the new instrument bezel I have. The black on the bezel will also be painted red to match the other stuff. But first I wanted to put in new bulbs. Since I had some LED's handy, why not?

I laid everything out, had red, green, and clear. Went with the clear.
215125-28Cluster1.JPG

So I went to the back of the cluster, and found the 194 bulb holders.
215125-28Cluster2.JPG

Pulled them and installed the LED's in place of the 194's
215125-28Cluster3.JPG

The bulbs looked like this. Then just replaced them in the sockets and was gone.
215125-28Cluster4.JPG

The overhead console had been painted and installed. It's red, LOL
215125-28OverHead1.JPG

I started the truck and checked the controls on the steering wheel.
215125-28Radio1.JPG

And they work great. Just needs to be programed and ready to go.
215125-28Radio2.JPG

An overview shot. Radar detector is installed and working.
215125-28Radio3.JPG

Now some of you that have been following this thread and install know the doors looked like crap. So I bought new door panels and gave them some ideas and here is what we decided on. A wood/fiberglass overlay.
215125-28DoorPanel1.JPG

The other door panel. These will be trimmed out in red also.
215125-28DoorPanel2.JPG

To give you an idea how they will fit, I inserted the tweeter, mid, and crossovers.
215125-28DoorPanel3.JPG

The crossovers.
215125-28DoorPanel4.JPG

The tweeter and mids.
215125-28DoorPanel5.JPG

Clear Corners and new grille. Will cut out now and add the billets.
215125-28Grill1.JPG

Ordering new head lights now. Didn't know how bad they were till the corners were added.
215125-28Grill3.JPG

One close up shot for Al
215125-28Grill4.JPG

A rear view shot of the Boston's and Alpine 500's.
215125-28AmpRack1.JPG

A different angle.
215125-28AmpRack2.JPG

Flash turned off.
215125-28AmpRack3Lit.JPG

From the inside looking back, the 2 Alpine 540's fired up.
215125-28AmpRack4.JPG

A view of them lit up.
215125-28AmpRack5.JPG

A little closer.
215125-28AmpRack6.JPG

This is what the 500's sit on. Plexi glass and lights inside.
215125-28AmpRack7.JPG

A shot at the cap.
215125-28Can.JPG

Lookin good man! Those doors should look great when finished

OMG BBQ!!! That Looks Incredible!!

Ronnie, your rod is looking gret.

Love the tag, brother.

I JUST CAN'T STAND THE AWESOMENESS. My favorite part is the door panels. Those will really turn out nice.

:eek: :eek: That is awesome!!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Should be about 2, maybe 3 weeks at the most and this project will be finished. Do you think it was wise of me to trash the door panels and the original amp rack to go with what we have now?

All I need to do now is come up with some sort of custom speaker grills to cover the subs and mids that all match. It will happen, just don't know what yet. There is something else that I wanted to tell yall, but can't think of what it was now, LOL. That happens allot when you get older, ROFL.

i have been watching your thread for awhile now like everyone else.

I have an idea about the speaker grilles for you

how do you think it would look if you got somebody to fab up custom grilles that would look very similar to the wheel package you selected? They wouldn't have to be dead on replicas of the wheels but close enough so you would notice they are the same style. It might really help to pull the outside of the truck and the inside of the truck together in a different way than just the paint.

I tired looking for a pic of the wheels you are gonna be using, and find myself unsuccessful. I'm not sure what you have choosen to use and if it would work, but it was just an idea

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought the 17x9 chrome CobraR replicas from explorer express. They have a picture of them posted on there web site. That is a good idea.

Back