How to: - Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!! | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
hydroxy said:
If you dont have that car by next weekend I'm going to make a road trip to force them to finish that beast.
I know for a fact that it wont be done by next weekend. They still have to build those small inserts for the front doors and then have them painted. They will be slightly larger than the front ones because of the size of the doors, plus the fact we are covering those side pockets that Explorers have. I also must approve of them before they go in for painting. But I don't see a problem since we have the mold now and know what direction we are headed in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't even want to try and imagine how expensive this project has been. Congrats on an amazing truck; its definitely the best streeter on the board now.

BBQ, your ex is amazing. And this thread is huge...I seem to have missed a lot this week.

But while you are around, check out my link:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/604166

tell me what you think, if you have any ideas on how I can make the door metal behind the plexi (you will see what I mean) look better, let me know

peace

I looked at your truck ICU, nice truck. I like the tan Explorers. They are clean. I will send you a PM with some suggestions and ideas.

Thanks jayhawkexplorer, but I am far far away from being the best streeter. Too many nice trucks better than mine. I drool over trucks like tas98, spas, black magic, x24, cobraxp, spindlecone, and aldive. (I know I gorgot some, forgive me) They all have nicer trucks than mine. I have lots of work ahead of me to even be on the same page as these fine trucks owned by some fine people. But thanks for the fine compliment. It is appreciated very much.

Well add these to the "to do list"

215126-6Emblems1.JPG

215126-6Emblems2.JPG

Now lets see if you can find those in Spruce Green :)

Trckmagik said:
Now lets see if you can find those in Spruce Green :)
If it is a Ford Color, they can be made. All that is needed is the paint code from the door.

Fhantazm said:
Congrats man, in MY OPINION, you now have the nicest setup on the board.

Its definately a nice setup... but I don't get it

You have lost the entire practicality in having a SUV. to haul people and their stuff

what happens if you want to carry some luggage somewhere? Heck, there are times where I wish I could carry more... the kayak on top, the bike on the back, and I've still got too much gear to fit inside, LOL

Different strokes for different folks :monkey:

Looks sweet though nonetheless.

Follow along Hokie. Way back when i showed the side rails that go to the amp rack, they are painted tan like the rest of the interior, I stated that there are 2 slots, 1 on each side. These slots will hold a rail of some sort, (still in the mod phases of that ) to hold and carry things such as my golf clubs or luggage. I don't bike or kayak or any of that stuff, but I do go on vacations. As long as it carries what I need, then it is what I want.

To each his own. I thought that I was gonna get screwed out of room when I put my two tens in the back, but this weekend I was able to haul 2 other people, with complete camping gear for a week long stay (why I was gone this past week) there and back with relative ease, and no gear on top either. I am still gonna go stealthbox here in a while because its a hassle, but if it works for you then its no problem.

Hokie said:
Its funny to see a 49 year old guy spending money like my dumb fraternity brother Pat on his ride ;)
Dear H
Is very true that I am indeed old enough to be your father, In my day, at your age, it was the norm to treat your elders with respect, alas. I fear those times are long gone in todays society.
I do spend a huge amount of time and money on my Ex, Because Hokie, I can.
If you were my son this would my advice to you as you prepare to make the transition from childhood to becoming a man, Ya need to hone your social skills boy, have a nice day

Could not have said it better myself Ron:)

Yea, not to beat a dead horse, but unless you were in a drunken stooper and didnt really mean it, that statement was kind of uncalled for.

spindlecone and adlive agreeing?? What's this board coming to?? ;)

I ran out of my medication today, ck back in a few hours LOL

LOL, look at all the old dudes. ROFL, hey spindlecone, while you are at the drug store, can ya get me some cream for my dentures? LOL

My apologies gents, my words obviously came out horribly wrong. I meant no disrespect.

PS: I didn't catch the part about the luggage rack. cool :thumbsup:

As any parent knows, we youngins talk a lot of crap, but as any parent also knows, it is best to ignore most of it.

I am sure hokie was not trying to be rude.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Slow down hoke you scarin me to death man, takes a real man to say the above, as you age the trick is to maintain an 18 year old attitude about the automotive stuff like Ron And I, and devote 100% of your time dickin with your toys, ya I know at your age girls are still important also but hell after 25 yrs of being married your truck will be your most imoportant ride, trust me.
I know you meant no harm but us old guys get sensitive as our minds start to slip a tad
Off to get my meds now, later:)

Back