• Register Today It's free!

worst day ever!

dan_ill

Reaction score
City, State
Northridge,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Sport Trac
So this past weekend I went to Hungry Valley with my brother and our roommate looking to have one of the best weekend of our lives cause it would consist of 4 wheeling, camping and tons of good food and drinks. Well in the middle of this glorious day i decided to try the stairs over in the practice area and about 2/3rds up the way my truck got tired and decided it wanted to go for a nap; on its side. Now flopping my truck was awesome, I really didn't feel all that bad, the problem came about when the only vehicles that could help me out were either Toyota's or Jeeps. It makes me sad knowing that Ford boys don't really go out all that often by my place.... sad day in my life.

2011-10-0195144411.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So this past weekend I went to Hungry Valley with my brother and our roommate looking to have one of the best weekend of our lives cause it would consist of 4 wheeling, camping and tons of good food and drinks. Well in the middle of this glorious day i decided to try the stairs over in the practice area and about 2/3rds up the way my truck got tired and decided it wanted to go for a nap; on its side. Now flopping my truck was awesome, I really didn't feel all that bad, the problem came about when the only vehicles that could help me out were either Toyota's or Jeeps. It makes me sad knowing that Ford boys don't really go out all that often by my place.... sad day in my life.

2011-10-0195144411.jpg

Well, I guess your part of the roll over club now. How much damage did you sustain on the truck? Out where I go wheeling there are ALL kinds of vehicles.

and here I am pissed I busted a corner light out when I slid into a tree and bent a mirror around backwards last weekend

How hard did you gas it to climb the steps? Those are pretty tall steps, guessing it bounced up The third step and lost center of gravity. Try the climbing ramp to see what articulation angle you get and you'll have an idea of what your limits are on obstacles like this. Just be glad there was someone else around no matter what they drove. Trust me I've seen plenty of rolled over Jeeps and Yota's. Oh and be glad it wasn't somewhere the cops don't want you to be, you would've gotten an award that you could put in a dash plaque, lol.

That'll buff right out.

That really sucks, man. Hope it fixes up alright.

On the bright side looks to be a beautiful day outside!

Ouch! I nearly rolled my Expedition a few years ago on the hill near the practice area. I never did try the steps with it (I figured I'd end up on my side as well).

i dont really have any pics of the damage but it bent my driver door out which is letting the rain in :) the side mirror broke and my rear bumper got twisted (due to my bro winching from it) it was at an OHV park but i literally saw no other vehicles besides Jeeps and Tacos. i didn't gas it too much; i just had it at a bad angle, then gravity took over. i was able to do three of the steps earlier in the day and wanted to do it again for pics. I hope i can get a spot on the roll over posse; those guys are rad! ;)

2011-10-01951502162.jpg

2011-10-01951444422.jpg

here are a couple of pics my buddy got me from his phone

Back