Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Worst Wiper Blades Ever

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by RomeovilleIL, February 17, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. shadowless127

shadowless127 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Long Island, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '01 EB AWD 5.0
    I think their stuff is very weather dependent. I have family in Florida who swear by Rain X liquid and from what I've seen it seems to work better in the southern states, but I don't know anyone up here who is overly thrilled with their stuff.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. rb142

rb142 Active Member

City, State:
    Detroit, MI
    2001 Ranger XLT 4X4
    I've had great results with Rain-X, when it is applied correctly. The liquid is a bit of a pain to apply (haven't tried the aresol). There used to be a pink liquid version that you could just dump into the washer fluid. That worked great, but I haven't seen it for years. Works in the rain, that is. Won't help much with snow and ice.

I haven't found the Bosch blades to be notably any better than the cheaper options (Anco, Trico, etc.), assuming you aren't baking them in the desert sun or shredding them running over ice. The blade matters more than the rubber refill. If you have enough snow and ice, nothing is going to work perfectly.

4. Texan01

Texan01 Active Member

City, State:
    Dallas, TX
    1995 Explorer XLT
    Ive had Bosch blades on my 95 and they have been fine, I did step up to 20" blades which effectively give me wall to wall wipes, and no issues with the curve of the glass

5. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
    the problem i've always had with the cheaper to medium priced blades is that the rubber very quickly (w/in a month or two) gets stiff. then it doesn't flip to squeegee the glass, makes squeaking noise and bounces across the windshield. i don't find that this has happened with the Bosch Icon blades, even after years of use. i have no reason to try any other brand as i am 100% happy with the Icon's.

6. 1992fordgreen

1992fordgreen Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Inside the Rehabilitation Center
    95 SC400 92 SC400 96 Ex
    Whats wrong with the ones at WalMart? They work fine for me, with the help of Rain X. It'd be nice if we got some rain down here...

7. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    outside shovelling snow
    ................ 96 XLT ™
    I tried the Rain-X windshield treatment in the past.

HATED the haze left after the wiper swipes. At night, with the wipers running, light sources such as street lights or oncoming traffic, would illuminate the haze, decreasing night vision. I removed the treatment within a week of application.