Would you upgrade to mft 2.11 ?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would you upgrade to mft 2.11 ??

I was incorrect in my earlier post. In fairness, we were left hanging and confused on this topic for quite a while.

We were told "all updates in 2012" are free, then we were told "one update in 2012" is free, and then in mid-July Ford clarified the policy again.

The official policy is, last I saw it stated on this forum by Ford's rep, upgrades are free (i.e. 2.4 -> 2.8 -> 2.11). Re-flashes with the same version (i.e. 2.11 -> 2.11) may not be covered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was incorrect in my earlier post. In fairness, we were left hanging and confused on this topic for quite a while.

We were told "all updates in 2012" are free, then we were told "one update in 2012" is free, and then in mid-July Ford clarified the policy again.

The official policy is, last I saw it stated on this forum by Ford's rep, upgrades are free (i.e. 2.4 -> 2.8 -> 2.11). Re-flashes with the same version (i.e. 2.11 -> 2.11) may not be covered.

The only reason to re-flash the same version is because of problems and problems should be covered under warranty for at least 3/36.

Honestly, the only issues here is time and it's not like a tech should have to stare at the progress bar. Tech should start software install and go work on another job until it's complete.

I believe the statement of 1 free upgrade/year is correct.

LOL - My upgrade history from syncmyride:
Built 12/4/2010 V2.3
Dealer updates:
2.4 2/14
2.7 3/18
2.11 8/2

As long as you have an issue and it is under warranty Ford will do it.
Finding an issue usually is not a problem.

LOL - My upgrade history from syncmyride:
Built 12/4/2010 V2.3
Dealer updates:
2.4 2/14
2.7 3/18
2.11 8/2

As long as you have an issue and it is under warranty Ford will do it.
Finding an issue usually is not a problem.

Like I said, you just tell them you have a problem and with MFT you don't even have to lie.

OK, would those with V2.11 recommend an upgrade from V2.8.

It appears the processing speed has increased.

Any issue other then the bad Travel Link data that Sirius continues to send us.

I am aware that when V2.11 hick-ups it will reboot/restart the system.

Is it recording in a log the error that caused the reboot/restart?

The only issue I have had with my V2.4 is that upon vehicle startup, the radio sometimes will begin playing from my USB stick when it was on a Sirius channel when the vehicle was turned off. This has happened about 8 times in 5 months. Given the comments I'm reading about 2.11, I think I'll stick with 2.4 for now.

I have not posted many good things about MFT, but 2.11 is an improvement of 2.8 (at least for me).

I am not sure if it is better than 2.4, but I think it might be.

Still not a well designed system, but at least it seems more stable now. I can also confirm that there is no charge to go from 2.4 to 2.8 to 2.11.

R

I have not posted many good things about MFT, but 2.11 is an improvement of 2.8 (at least for me).

I am not sure if it is better than 2.4, but I think it might be.

Still not a well designed system, but at least it seems more stable now. I can also confirm that there is no charge to go from 2.4 to 2.8 to 2.11.

R

2.11 is an slight improvement. I disagree with you on one issue, I believe it is a well designed system, however it is poorly implemented. Honestly the state of the system is more in consistent with a late alpha version that you might demo to the CEO than one that has been in production for almost a year.

Back