WOW: This Ford Explorer got blinged! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WOW: This Ford Explorer got blinged!

ExplorerUSA

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, KY.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011-Up Ford Explorer
11ExplorerStainless2.jpg

Just got through adding some chrome stainless rocker panels; pillar posts, and window sills for a customer who said that he wanted to add some bling to his new Ford Explorer without spending alot of money. The customer said WOW! and we both agreed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All that's missing are some 28'' spinners! :eek:

Yikes that's tacky......

It looks good, but it isn't my first choice for an Explorer
He shoulda gone all black with chrome handles
Easily achievable, buy a 2013 Sport and put chrome handles on
but that wouldn't put cash in your pocket either
Looks good though!

Yikes that's tacky......

I didn't want to be the first to say it..

It reminds me of the Ford Tempo I had in High School.
Chrome everything!! Door strips, rockers, gas door, windshield wipers, antenna, even chrome tint!!

I chromed out a ride before as well, never again, not for me but I guess some people still like it and if you do I guess thats all that matters.

I didn't want to be the first to say it..

It reminds me of the Ford Tempo I had in High School.
Chrome everything!! Door strips, rockers, gas door, windshield wipers, antenna, even chrome tint!!
ditto
not a fan

I think w/ the black trim and the black mirrors the chrome looks a little out of the place.. The maintenance is going to be a nightmare too. That is going to look scuffed, scratched, faded, etc very quickly.

Definitely not my style. It should get attention next to other Explorers though, sometimes that is what people are going for.

If it was Chrome replacing the pillars, it might have looked nice. The chrome on the bottom just doesn't work out. Maybe with a different color Explorer... but I guess might as well put some spinners on that with a chrome grill too.

Back