• Register Today It's free!

Wrench Light, Code PO713

GB1977

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT
Yesterday our 2010 4.0L Explorer XLT got a wrench light for the first time which promptly went away. I scanned it after work, and got a PO713 code, for the Transmission Temperature sensor (Sensor A, High Circuit Input).

This morning the wife called saying it was shifting hard. I told her to shut it off and restart, and now it's shifting softer. I feel like this is related to the TSB about the A/C Drain....Any other paths I should rule out?

I have the capability to look at Live data through Forscan if it helps. Already have the repair harness on the way just in case, though it's pretty intimidating to start cutting those wires. What is the best place to get a wire diagram of the transmission circuits? I don't mind paying if needed. My Haynes Manual is useless for this.

Thought I'd post an update to this, for the good of the forum. Pulled apart the case electrical connection (bulkhead?) going into the solenoid pack. It was full of muddy water. Wife said she hit a massive puddle a few days before this. pulled the connector apart, shot it full of CRC QD contact cleaner, let it dry over night, a dab of dielectric grease then put back together. No issues since.

Also, for what its worth, this 2010 XLT has the AC drain diverted already. It's no longer above this connection.

Back