Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

WTB: 5.0L Water Pump Pulley (for a 1998 Mountaineer)

Discussion in 'Parts and Vehicles Wanted' started by delturcious, February 9, 2019.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. delturcious

delturcious New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      82 RX-7 5.0 Swap
      Bought a motor to swap into a non-Explorer, and the water pump pulley was missing. Looks like these are way different than the Mustang pulleys. All the ones in the local JY will take hours to extract--hoping someone has one lying around.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. section525

section525 sextion525 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Red Bluff, Ca
      1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
      An RX-7?! Where’s your build thread?

I’m sure someone will have a part for you lying around.

4. delturcious

delturcious New Member

82 RX-7 5.0 Swap
      5.0 swaps are somewhat common on 1st gen RX-7s... you flip the engine crossmember around, add a Mustang oil pan with some cheap mounts from Granny's Speed Shop, and the motor is supposed to drop right in. Spoiler: it doesn't... the left head is so close to the firewall I couldn't get the valve cover on during my test fit.

I'm not too concerned about that, but engine management is the big question. I'll attempt building a Speeduino (uses TunerStudio like MegaSquirt, but cheaper). Unfortunately most people use Mustang motors with aftermarket EFI which seem to have nothing in common with Explorers outside of the block. Lots to learn here, but it looks like cam/crank signals are easy to extract.

No build thread yet--mainly just collecting parts as my job has gotten in the way of car projects lately. The previous owner collected a ton of parts. Some fit, some don't, and some important stuff was missing/wrong (like the cam is too much for stock valve springs and injectors). I have a couple photos on RX7Club but nothing too exciting:
      Another Mazda in the fleet (some assembly required) - RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum

Hopefully!