Wanted - WTB ASAP - *ANY* 93/94 Explorer PCM/ECM unit for core charge return | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted WTB ASAP - *ANY* 93/94 Explorer PCM/ECM unit for core charge return

Parts or services wanted

Anime

EF YEAH!!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 EX Sport Concept
The PCM/ECM in my rig developed the motherboard issue as described in this thread.

I've bought a rebuilt one through Advance Auto Parts ($85 after coupon!) but still need a junker to get back my $45 core charge. I'm keeping my original factory ECU to have it rebuilt, then I'll keep them both so I have a spare from now on.

If anyone just has a 93-94 junk/non-working ECM (or one they just don't want/need) to give away for cheap or just for the price of shipping, I could use it for a core since I plan to have my original ECM repaired/rebuilt rather than use it as the core.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump for urgency

even just a junk ECU to get back a core deposit would be good

I have one from a 92 Sport 4.0 5spd, that I will sell you for $40 + shipping. Truck runs and drives so i know its good.

Can't use a '92, completely different ECU. But thanks for the reply.

Still looking for a junk ECU to trade for a core too.

anyone?

Anime,

I had a problem with my 97' sport a couple of years ago....sometimes it wouldn't start....after checking for gas, spark, etc, etc.... I pulled the ecm...took it to a local auto parts....they sent it to Los Angeles where it was rebuilt...it took about two days...cost about $175.

When I got it back...everything was fine for about 6 months...then it wouldn't start again....turns out it was the crank sensor !!!

I did pick up a spare ecm at the wreckers (50 bucks)....long story short...they can be rebuilt !!!

GFG

I've taken out the ECM and found the two common corrosion spots, one of which leaked to the CPU, so I know what the problem is. I plan to get it rebuilt, but I still need a junker ECM to exchange for the core charge on one I bought to use in the meantime.

Salvage yards here want more for a used one than a rebuilt one costs at Advance, so that's not a reasonable option.

I have one

It's out of a '93 automatic. I grabbed it as a backup and can grab another just as easily. I have not tested it. If you pay for shipping, I'll send it to you. If it works, we'll work something out; if it doesn't, than throw it away. We can work it on the honesty system.

Problem is, I have no way to test an ECU from an automatic. Putting it in my '93 with a 5-speed is too risky.

I already have a replacement now, but I'd be glad to pay for shipping and use it to trade in as my core, though.

You may want to keep it if it's your spare, you can take off the case cover and check the circuit board for dark spots or rust/corrosion to see if it's worth keeping.

bumping

dang..it still doesn't change the thread titleon the forum when you edit it.

people don't read posts in the wanted section much.

Could a mod please change the title of the thread to the new one so maybe it gets more views?

Thanks.

...310 views isn't bad..:dunno:

..You might contact Heath directly as I'm sure he would help you change the title..;)

..IIRC, Title change for the "Elite" members only last like 5 hours after the thread is originated...:scratch:

100 of those views are me checking the thread several times a day for a reply.

PM'd Heath, thanks for the suggestion.

There really needs to be more freedom for the Elites, in terms of deleting our threads and changing the titles. Would also be nice if time-critical stuff like this was allowed in the Elite Explorer 911 section, the wanted forum doesn't serve it's function very well.

sure would make a great present

Helloooooooooooooooooooo ooo oo o.. . . . . . . .

(echo)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just need one to send as a core from a 93-94 (can't be 91-92 or 95-up as those are different), automatic is fine.

Back