Wanted - WTB ASAP - *ANY* 93/94 Explorer PCM/ECM unit for core charge return | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted WTB ASAP - *ANY* 93/94 Explorer PCM/ECM unit for core charge return

Parts or services wanted
New year, same issue. Still need one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have any that are non-functional but I may be able to get one from a junkyard for cheap. I'll check for you next time I go. How close in part number would they need to be? Would it matter if it was auto or manual or which year it came from?

the 93's have an ECU part number of F37F-12A650-XX, where the XX are different letters indicating things like auto/manual transmission, cali/federal emissions, etc.

94's have a similar F47F-12A650-XX part number.

I can really only use a 93/94, 91-92 and 95 ECUs are completely different and would probably be sent back and my core charged again. It wouldn't matter which numbers the 93/94 ECU had, since they seem to refurb and reprogram them, the one I bought had a different part number originally but was reprogrammed to be a F47F-12A650-CMA.

It would be great if you could check, but so far, junkyards want more for an ECU than the $45 core charge, obviously not worth it. It's really only worthwhile if the ECU is either a junker for free or just a few bucks, sticking it in a flat rate envelope is ~$5 shipping, too.

At this point I'm not even sure if the core return is only possible for 30-45 or 60-90 days. Guess I should call and ask.

making a long wanted thread

still hoping

still

looking

wow..the wanted forum got busy

um...

bumping

Are you positive the 91 won't work ? I just started tearing my 91 apart do you need anything else ?

The '91 would work to trade in as a core, if they'll still accept it now...

Sure would be nice to get one of these eventually, a junker for practice repairing and returning as a core is all I'm looking for.

Back