X-Box teaser pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X-Box teaser pics

Here's a couple of shots of then work in progress....

Yea I know the intercooler is hanging a little low...Will raise it as the piping gets laid out.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.JPG
    IMG_1348.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 887
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 857

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude, that it GORGEOUS. IMO, it looks great with the intercooler hanging down like that. I don't know how much you like it though. Leaves some mystery to it and makes people wonder what the hell you've got under the hood. How many lbs are you planning on?

Wow that looks awesome man.

:drool: I think I'm in love. lol Thats is sweet

Nice!!!! Fantastic setup...........

Bout time you got some pics up Dom! Looking real good man! Like the shiney new XB-1A. I sure cannot wait to see what kind of huge numbers that thing should put down. You shooting for 550-600 at the wheels or what? ;) I would say so, 8 rib pulley + small charger pulley + big crank pulley = very fun amount of boost. Is that a 2.5" charger pulley I see there?

I tell ya, this is the season that if Bill Rotolante doesnt hurry up with that big turbo for the Troll some of us might just be catching up to him. :D

Hey Dom, I dont know if you were planning on posting a dynograph here or not when your done, but I sure would like to see a copy of that .drf file when ya got it!

From the looks of the 2.5 upper, and large lower I'm guessing about 14-15 lbs of boost. More if you have stock heads, but you don't. What are you going to do about the idler pulley setups to keep the belt tight? I can already tell you that it's gonna slip like crazy. I had the same tensioner as TIGHT as I could get it and would still slip.

BeauJ said:
From the looks of the 2.5 upper, and large lower I'm guessing about 14-15 lbs of boost. More if you have stock heads, but you don't. What are you going to do about the idler pulley setups to keep the belt tight? I can already tell you that it's gonna slip like crazy. I had the same tensioner as TIGHT as I could get it and would still slip.

With the 8 rib and the bolt-down tensioner it shouldn't slip much at all. Heck of a lot better than a 6 rib and the tap down compressed type of tensioner. Another idler pulley opposite side could probably be beneficial though.

True 2 less ribs, but I upgrade to the same tensioner with mine ($120 from Vortech), was maxing it at 11 lbs, and still got some slippage up the upper rpms. From my experience, I could put it as tight as possible, Gatorback belt might I add, and it would squeal. Maybe the 8 rib setup well make up, we shall see ;)

Right now we are working on dom's truck. it sleeps 8 feet from our turbo mustang and 10 feet from my brother truck. depending on when bills turbo gets here depends on whether bills truck still have a blower when Dom's truck is running. i dont know if they will ever get to try it out before it becomes a unfair race. on our list of things is to fix the fuel system, tb linkage, blow off valve, fix exhaust leak, powercoat tubes, attach fan, fix tranny cooler, break in and tune truck, and of course there will be bugs we dont know about.

We're hoping to have most things ironed out in the next 2 weeks. It does run and sounds like a dragster. It has moderate-severe exhaust leaks where the headers bolt to the heads. You can't even hear the geardriven blower!

500+ Hp to the tires is well within reach.

Will post final pics after we dress up the engine bay. Dom

X-Box said:
We're hoping to have most things ironed out in the next 2 weeks. It does run and sounds like a dragster. It has moderate-severe exhaust leaks where the headers bolt to the heads. You can't even hear the geardriven blower!

500+ Hp to the tires is well within reach.

Will post final pics after we dress up the engine bay. Dom

500+ to the rears shouldnt be a problem at all with your combo!

Hey Dan I emailed you a while back about the project. Did ya get it? Either way it is good to hear from ya. Glad to hear that progress is still being made on the X. :thumbsup:

Dom......Updates???

Very nice! Like the bumper and grille too ;)

what 1/4 mile time are you shootin for? are you goin to add nitrous? what tranny do you have?

wow, looks like your goin to have the fastest x on here now, you and troll should race lol

wow

If i wasnt SASing mine I would definately do something like this.Looks awesome keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back