X~Factor's Page | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X~Factor's Page

im lovin it. what % tint do you have and have you gotten any tickets out there in nassau for it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got them replaced with 20's. :cool:

These are Bullitt Wheels wrapped with Toyo Proxes 4.
20x8.5; 245/45
20x10; 275/40

The offsets puts the rear VERY closed to the inside edge of the truck. I'd say less than an inch.

Are these the Bullitt wheels from OE wheels llc w/ 24mm/22mm offset?

00Xplorer you can pick up all types of billet grill/mesh material at home depot or home hardware or ace or whatever you have in your town
McMaster.com is where I get my grills. They are 3003 aluminum, 16 ga.

im lovin it. what % tint do you have and have you gotten any tickets out there in nassau for it?
The truck came with a slight tint from the factory, I just added a light tint more all around.

Are these the Bullitt wheels from OE wheels llc w/ 24mm/22mm offset?
Yes, they are.

im getting to the point where i need a hood scoop or vented hood to complete the look, can you post up a writeup or tell me exactly how you did the venting, the glassing of the scoop to the hood isnt the issue, i just dont see how you got those vents so clean.
This is what I do. I've done almost a hundred cars, venting the hood. Shoot me an email if any of you guys need it done. RNGALVEZ@MSN.COM

You're explorer is sweet! I'm working on murdering out mine at the moment, but with the very few body work skills I have I know it's not gonna look nearly as good at this. Now I'm gonna be jealous so much of yours.
Either way, yours is awesome! Great work.

Looks sick :D

so with out the front cv joints it handles fine? i thought about removing my whole front setup too but i wasn't sure if the hub assy would hold it or not i know its pressed together and all i just didn't wanna chance it,
but over all the truck looks awesome dude nice work.

looks sick, love the s2k also!

Well its about time I give this thread an update.

With a newborn baby girl, I needed something more comfortable and with a working A/C. Owning her since new back in 1997, it was time. The truck had to go after 14 good years. I sold it in the early summer of 2011. It was a truly a sad day. A friend from another forum bought it with the condition that he will let me have first dibs if he decided to sell the truck down the road.

I see the truck on Facebook once in a while. Somewhat regretting that I let her go. :( I couldn't believe someone else is claiming to own her and not me. It's a weird feeling.

Fast forward to the end of summer 2013. I received a phone call from the same friend, asking me if I am ready to take her back. I was speechless for a few seconds... letting it sink in a bit. I was surprised and excited that I will have the opportunity to get her back! After much debate (okay a little debate lol), I made arrangements to take a look. 2 weeks later, I was driving her back home, where she belongs, with me. :)

The good news is getting her back brings back joyful memories. Being at the driver seat, you get this feeling that you are seating at your favorite rocking chair that you've had all your life. It just FEELS right! :)

The bad news is, the guy did not take care of her the way I did. She came back all beaten up as the picture shows. It'll be a slow process getting her back to the same condition before I sold her. She may or may not last very long but it would be just right for her to end her run at my own hands.

If I could help it, she will be running forever. Getting an upgrade here and there as funds allow. Continue to mod her in the same direction I was going before I let her go.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 665

Aww, it sucks that she was so abused! But on the other hand I'm really glad to see that you got her back! Good luck ;)

Gratz! What did he do.. Drive that thing around in Iraq? Lol.

Nice mods and getting her back

Just a little update.

Got it back as good if not better than before I sold it. Pretty happy how everything is turning out. Still got a few things to do but it's heading in the right direction I wanted to. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• InstaSize_2014_10 _ 225165.jpg
    InstaSize_2014_10 _ 225165.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 742

Nice!

The Truck is looking nice!
Don't let it go again!

I have to say, although I'm not much of a street truck guy, I like the looks of this ex...are you sticking with the gray or is that just primer? Liked the murdered look!

I have to say, although I'm not much of a street truck guy, I like the looks of this ex...are you sticking with the gray or is that just primer? Liked the murdered look!

That is the color. lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wonder how the truck is now..I always looked up to this truck when I had my explorer for ideas...makes me want to get mine back as well

Back