X-spec Supercharger Explorer Express | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X-spec Supercharger Explorer Express

I contacted Explorer Express the other day about their supercharger for the Sohc model X. They replied with "The 4.0 X-CHARGER for a 01 Sport is $3995."
It runs at 6psi and the supercharger is an Eaton MP62. Do you think if you have no idea of how to do this yourself and you cannot find anyone else to do it for you, it is worth the money for the kit? Should add somewhere in the ballpark of 80 and up horsepower. I have a few power adders already done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered a xcharger from there for my 5.0. I receved all my parts with in a week!.ALL the parts looked GOOD AS CAN BE!!! My truck in @ DELK Performance as we speak getting a hoped up 302 with the new blower. I will be back with pics when its done...and dyno sheets as well!!

The X-Charger from Explorer Express is probably one of the most thought-out units you can buy. They have very thorough written instructions and includes all the parts you need. The X-Charger for the 4.0 V6 was tested at the same AAA Testing Lab in Diamond Bar, CA when we were testing Torque Monster Headers.

Greg McCool said:
I ordered a xcharger from there for my 5.0. I receved all my parts with in a week!.ALL the parts looked GOOD AS CAN BE!!! My truck in @ DELK Performance as we speak getting a hoped up 302 with the new blower. I will be back with pics when its done...and dyno sheets as well!!

Greg, We've sold 2 sets of Torque Monster Headers to Delk Performance for customer vehicles. In your case you may want to consider the larger exit Headers with your blower application. Let us know. Here's the info about Torque Monster Headers on Explorer Forum:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147452
l

Attachments

• DSC00405.jpg
    DSC00405.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 871
  • DSC00404.jpg
    DSC00404.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 865

lol I was the one that told Heath about them.The 1st set was mine.Iv had them on my truck for about 7-9 months or so...now a new 302 with all the goodies..

Thanks Greg,

Keep me posted on your application. I like to hear how the Headers are performing and appreciate pointers or suggestions from people that own Torque Monster Headers. We've got almost 100 sets out there now.

You can email me direct at: rcpasq@yahoo.com

Here's a blower application with the larger exit headers:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/584899/9

rcpasq said:
Thanks Greg,

Keep me posted on your application. I like to hear how the Headers are performing and appreciate pointers or suggestions from people that own Torque Monster Headers. We've got almost 100 sets out there now.

You can email me direct at: rcpasq@yahoo.com

Here's a blower application with the larger exit headers:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/584899/9
so do you offer 2 different styles of headers?
I love the set of Torque Monster headers I have !!!!
I go to show ALL over. Also Im sponcered Team Kicker for the past 3 years. If you look in kicker.com and cilck caraudio competitors go to GREG MCCOOL and that is me and my truck.

So for 4,000.00 do you think it is a good deal, or should I pay for a manifold that accepts the supercharger for 1,500.00 and find the Eaton mp62 somewhere else. I found a manifold online, but they do not sell the superchargers. You are on your own for that. Is it worth it for the 4.0 sohc. I have a gibson catback, sct xcalibrator 2, and a volant cold air intake.
Below is the link to the manifold.
http://www.candmnovelties.com/

LCPL DOZIER said:
So for 4,000.00 do you think it is a good deal, or should I pay for a manifold that accepts the supercharger for 1,500.00 and find the Eaton mp62 somewhere else. I found a manifold online, but they do not sell the superchargers. You are on your own for that. Is it worth it for the 4.0 sohc. I have a gibson catback, sct xcalibrator 2, and a volant cold air intake.
I know its a different set up for the 4.0 > It is more of a complet kit than the 5.0 kit. are you going to need the coil pak relocators as well( I dont know any thing about the 4.0)

LCPL DOZIER said:
I know its a different set up for the 4.0 > It is more of a complet kit than the 5.0 kit. are you going to need the coil pak relocators as well( I dont know any thing about the 4.0)

LCPL DOZIER said:
I contacted Explorer Express the other day about their supercharger for the Sohc model X. They replied with "The 4.0 X-CHARGER for a 01 Sport is $3995."
It runs at 6psi and the supercharger is an Eaton MP62. Do you think if you have no idea of how to do this yourself and you cannot find anyone else to do it for you, it is worth the money for the kit? Should add somewhere in the ballpark of 80 and up horsepower. I have a few power adders already done.

The only way to learn is to try wrenching on your own. That is the only way that those of us that know what we are doing, got anywhere in the beginning. I have had a few people inquire about me installing those superchargers for them and have come to find out that it is a pretty straightforward and somewhat easy install. That is assuming the person doing it is not mechanically inept. :D I say try it. Worst case scenario is that you cannot do it and just have to have some friends do it or flatbed it to a nearby shop. No biggie.

Back