X with 20" rims, SOHC turbo and NOS on ebay | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X with 20" rims, SOHC turbo and NOS on ebay

JoeC5

Reaction score
City, State
n/a
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer
I dont know if this guys is bs-ing us or what....what you think

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

went to his sight, there was only a front shot and it looked like a pos 94 x. i don't believe him, but can't understand why he would go through all the trouble of puttling it on ebay and having the site with the list of mods if he hadn't really done the stuff. and i know if i had done any of that i would have pictures everywhere. besides that his list of mods sounds somewhat plausible, like he at least had looked into doing the things.

I am tempted to ask him if he can send me some pics of the engine compartment

Well I'm not so sure I beleive that he used an SOHC, but everything else.....maybe. But i know one thing......that had to cost a pretty penny.

theres got to be someone on this site who lives near seattle who could go for a test drive. it would be interesting to hear from someone who had driven the truck. anybody in seattle willing to sacrifice the afternoon to drive a 350 horse x?

I didn't feel like reading the "book" that's on his site, but on the auction it says the SOHC engine was out of a 99 Ranger. Well, 99 Rangers all had OHVs! And why is the auction only at $500? With all that, wouldn't you start the auction higher?

Hmmm, I'm gonna look into it some more.

Originally posted by Alec
I didn't feel like reading the "book" that's on his site, but on the auction it says the SOHC engine was out of a 99 Ranger. Well, 99 Rangers all had OHVs! And why is the auction only at $500? With all that, wouldn't you start the auction higher?

Hmmm, I'm gonna look into it some more.

About the engine....my thoughts exactly!!!

Hey, good call Alec. I didnt know that about the ranger. Hmmm something sounds fishy....

someone in seattle needs to go beat him! that ranger information is interesting.

I'm in Seattle

Yo guyz,
I'm in the Seattle area... i should check this out.... I think he is BS'ing about half of the stuff on his page. I emailed him 4 some picz... ill let u know if he respondz

fast X

I live in seattle and i'm going to call this guy this weekend and ask him if i can test drive it. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

When I click on the link, I get no picture. Was there suppose to be one working? Let me know is this so-called turbo-charged with 20s kicks rear!

no theres no pics anywhere except for one of the front of the truck (looks like nothing special), i also emailed him asking for pics

I feel like we are all detectives trying to solve a crime...so who is in charge of the investigation :)

The Charge?
I got it!
idea.gif

Being a dumbass....
crybaby2.gif

Pete

may be it is his wet dream you never know.

may be it is his wet dream you never know.

I didn't know you could sell wet dreams on e-bay! I wouldda made a million bucks in high school!! :D

BTW, I noticed on his site he says it's a DOUBLE overhead cam engine fom a Ranger. WTF?

He also says he's got 20 inch SALEEN wheels, do they even make 20 inch Saleen wheels?

No Saleen doesn't make 20s but in his site he says they're Saleen copies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Even so, this guy is an obvious fake. He makes it sound like his X is his best friend, so why is he selling it for so cheap?

Back