XLT or NBX | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XLT or NBX

Interesting- I wonder why it has the NBX seats and panels too? Maybe a year end run using up old parts?

Get a custom plate- "NEARLYAN" and then put the NBX decal on the right side of the tailgate. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought a mig welder not too long ago and plan to learn so i can build my own stuff and help out some guys on the forum the dont want to pay retail or shop prices.

Thinking of making custom running boards and a basket for myself.

I may be interested in that. I want a kinda low profile one somewhat like Rola racks. I'm picky lol :p

I got mine off Craigslist....still in the boxes, cost me $50.

picture.php

I got mine off Craigslist....still in the boxes, cost me $50.

picture.php

Lucky! If I could find the NBX rack I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat.

Lucky! If I could find the NBX rack I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat.

Not only do I have the NBX rack, but I also have the explorer chairs. (Ebay, $10 shipped.)

742467c_27.jpeg

(not mine, but they look the same.)

Not only do I have the NBX rack, but I also have the explorer chairs. (Ebay, $10 shipped.)

742467c_27.jpeg

(not mine, but they look the same.)

some guy was selling those on the forum a few months back was going to buy them but then realized id never use them lol

some guy was selling those on the forum a few months back was going to buy them but then realized id never use them lol

I got mine 3-4 years ago. I've used them last then a dozen times.

I use chairs like that all the time, especially when I take my boat out. They're compact and easy to carry. I beach my boat on one of the keys here and bring them ashore with me. You can only get there by boat so I'm usually the only group there. It'd be cool to have a set to go with my ex, but they would have to have arms like my Coleman's....

went to the junkyard today. found an 03 in the same color as yours MO, had your seats and interior trim too. v8 with 3.73 limited slip. i was gonna get the NBX badge off the back but it was an XLT badge....
IMAG0795.jpg

IMAG0796.jpg

IMAG0797.jpg

I WISH I could find a 3rd gen. at a junkyard around here....

i drive about 35-40 minutes to about 8 junkyards in a different town and usually all of them have at least one third gen. it's nice. and on that first pic, is that a factory option on the frame rails or is it to tow the truck behind an rv?

Kazer said:
i drive about 35-40 minutes to about 8 junkyards in a different town and usually all of them have at least one third gen. it's nice. and on that first pic, is that a factory option on the frame rails or is it to tow the truck behind an rv?

It is to tow behind a truck or RV. Trust me, I live in Florida; "Land of the Snowbirds!"

Wish you could have found the NBX rack. I'd buy that and pay for shipping. I know its just a Yakima Loadwarrior. But I want that NBX front fairing.

went to the junkyard today. found an 03 in the same color as yours MO, had your seats and interior trim too. v8 with 3.73 limited slip. i was gonna get the NBX badge off the back but it was an XLT badge....
IMAG0795.jpg

the fact you found a 3rd gen explorer is impressive the fact it was rather fully intact is even better.

when I went to the junkyards in pennsylvania they had tons of 1st and 2nd gens as well as tons of windstars lol

There's always third gens in the Junkyards near me.99% of them are just damaged in the front, fully intact interiors and side panels. What was wierd is that the grille didn't have a chrome strip on it. I scraped away the paint with a knife to make sure it wasn't just painted

It is to tow behind a truck or RV. Trust me, I live in Florida; "Land of the Snowbirds!"

lmao dude its so bad where I live on the east side

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's nice to be rid of all the old senile drivers during the winter up here in Michigan lol. Wish theyd just stay down there and be your guys problem lol

Back