XLT ordered on.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XLT ordered on..

SVT2059

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
9 Oct. Dealer couldn't find me what I wanted within a 400 mile radius, plus I didn't want a ton of miles on it before I got it, so I asked about ordering one.

I did the "build" on the Ford website and added everything that I wanted and gave it to our salesman to order; BLISS, 202A package (driver connect, MT, rear camera, etc), power lift-gate, navigation, 20" polished wheels, tow package, and black leather interior.

Exterior is Sterling Gray.

I was told my build date would be 26 Nov with a delivery around 20 Dec. Thanks to Crystal, I've been informed that my EX is on it's way with a delivery around 13 Dec!

This will be my 7th Explorer (95, 00, 03, 08, 10, 12 and soon to be 14) but the first one that I actually ordered with the exact options that I wanted. I'm so stoked to get this one.

Since I'm so OCD about my vehicles, I told the dealer not to detail it, leave it as it comes off the truck and I will take care of the rest. They were surprised but agreed. I've had a few bad experiences with dealer details so now I take care of it myself.

Crystal, I can't thank you enough for tracking my Explorer for me! I will check in with you early next week for, what should be, the last update before delivery. Your help and time is VERY much appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Crystal, I can't thank you enough for tracking my Explorer for me! I will check in with you early next week for, what should be, the last update before delivery. Your help and time is VERY much appreciated!

You're very welcome, SVT2059! I'll look forward to seeing your message next week. :thumbsup:

Crystal

I ordered one also for the same reasons as yourself. Its supposed to be here around the 16th of this month, but maybe I need to check on it. Wouldn't mind getting it a week or two early like yourself.

Congratulations! I hope you get yours early as well!

The dealer called a few hours ago and the new Ex has arrived! It's going into the garage for an inspection and we are picking it up at 10 a.m. tomorrow!
They are not detailing it as per my instruction. Pretty much every time we get a new Ex, I come home and re-detail it. They just don't do a good enough job for me to be satisfied so now I tell them not to touch it.

Crystal, thank you again for the tracking!!

Well, my new EX is staying at the dealer. :(. The bumper is scratched, the trim on the glove box is scratched, there is a chunk missing out of the rear pillar at the rear window, there is a paint chip on the passenger side door and the biggest issue; the driver's side front and rear doors are misaligned pretty bad. All you see is the moulding sticking out between the two doors and the rear door doesn't close properly. Even if they could try to align it, they don't think they can fix it properly, it's out too far. We didn't even drive it but I'm sure you'd hear wind noise and those doors will probably leak water.

I'm pretty disappointed right now.

They are ordering us a new one tomorrow. I hope that one is in better shape!

Back