-XX- Paragon Run Late August | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

-XX- Paragon Run Late August

Gonna try to fix it, if not then no I wont be comming. It's so bad my truck bogs. This sucks :(

I know I'm working thursday and friday but I'll check out my hours and let ya know when.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope, not another death, but Mom flipped out at my remaining Uncles and Aunt, apparently she was defending my deceased uncle, and everyone, including her b/f (aka @$$hole) jumped down her throat. Everthing is happening so fast, I can't tell which is up or down. Too make matters worse, my shop is closing, so it's time to find a new job, sorry Spas, no center caps for a while:(
On a lighter note, Namitey and I spent the w/e Fluking, catch total....3 sea robbins, 4 snappers ( I think), 1 skate, I think that was it, a stingray type fish, 5 nurse sharks, and a whopping 1 fluke

On a lighter note, Namitey and I spent the w/e Fluking, catch total....3 sea robbins, 4 snappers ( I think), 1 skate, I think that was it, a stingray type fish, 5 nurse sharks, and a whopping 1 fluke

You catch any...uhm, nevermind :D (Hey, I can bust on myself!)
Sounds like you need a break, Shaun (no, not that kind!).....

Seems like there's still some leftover Carlisle curse to go around, what with everybody breaking things, lol

Chris, whaddya mean it sounds better now?? I'm all ready to wire mine for 2 @ 6 ohms......! Matter of fact, I'm doing it tomorrow, along with the carpeting...is there something I should know??

chris, i'll be working, thurs-1-10, fri, 8-5, don't leave much time for wheeling but let me know

TRUCK IS DONE! ... gonna take it out tomorrow for the firstime... i wish i could get some pics of it .... my mom has my digi camra at some trade show... so no pics yet.... it looks MEAN! im gonna try and get my hood scoops on before the weekend also.... just a little added extra touch.... front flexs pretty much like the rear.... with the 4:88's its crazy.... im thinkin maybe i can make it up that hill and through the mud this time.... and the TSL's are kickin... they are probley a good 2 if not more inches than my 35's.... damn it i need my camera....

Well, I'll bring mine this weekend and we'll get some action shots.

Originally posted by 94EBexplorer
TRUCK IS DONE! ... gonna take it out tomorrow for the firstime... i wish i could get some pics of it .... my mom has my digi camra at some trade show... so no pics yet.... it looks MEAN! im gonna try and get my hood scoops on before the weekend also.... just a little added extra touch.... front flexs pretty much like the rear.... with the 4:88's its crazy.... im thinkin maybe i can make it up that hill and through the mud this time.... and the TSL's are kickin... they are probley a good 2 if not more inches than my 35's.... damn it i need my camera....
Dam sounds nice, cant wait to see it and see how it goes over stuff, Like rattle 2, maybe Pick your Posion. :D

Real Quick

I didn't really want to read all 19 pages of this thread...could someone give me the lowdown?

Definitely this weekend?
Is there some sort of group rate for getting in?

My hubby want to try out our new camper and maybe get some wheeling in too....sounds like a good place to go. Wheelin & campsites. Does anyone know if they allow fires?

I may not go with the forum group...depends on whether or not we can decide definitively and whether you all are acutally going this weekend (8/24-25) but look for my purple explorer out there! :) I hope it works out and we get to go!!! :bounce: :bounce:

There's the Red Ridge Campground, info on the PAP site www.paragonap.com Last time I was there they allowed campfires, don't see why it would change really. In order to wheel at PAP, you need to have at least 3 vehicles, but I find the maps a bit difficult to navigate, You should really try to hop in with the XX's , plus, these guys are a blast! Wish I could be there this w/e:(

spaz you will probably see me get stuck even though I have new tires I might just make it a little further this time. Chris I just need directoins off of 80 to your house again last time I followed namitey and muskrat. I was also wondering was any one going to be doing any wheeling on friday and what time does the run start on sat?

spaz you will probably see me get stuck even though I have new tires I might just make it a little further this time.

LMAO :D I'll make sure I have enough film this time, especially if you get the rescue stuck again ;)

I have a dilemma-My boss is threatening my life if I don't get all the sand & crap cleaned off my work rig, plus I still have to finish my box, sooooo.....I may not be up until Saturday :( What time are you guys getting back from wheelin on sat? I'll see if I can get it washed before then though

Frisckey, you have to come up 95 (you have about 5+ hours of driving to get to Hazleton). I live just north of Baltimore, if you want to travel together (I seem to be the official tour guide for all points south of Pa, huh Geoff? lol). My email is spasticat1@aol.com

Well

I would like to go and we are seriously considering it. I got a hold of the campground. The hubby wants to take dirtbikes so the kids can ride their bikes on the trails. Does anyone know if the bikes ride the same trails as the trucks?

I don't think we are firm enough to commit to anything though. Its getting kind of expensive. 70.00 for this, 75.00 for that, 44.00 for the other, then we have to buy food and firewood. We have 3 other options on places to go...I HATE decisions!

So doubles won't do on the trails? You have to be in a group of 3? I also read that I have to have front tow hooks (which I don't have)...I wonder if I have time to get all this together?

I didn't have tow hooks the first time I went. I've never had the need to use them so far, either.

The dirt bikes do ride the same trails as the trucks.

muskrat would you be able to give me directions to chris's house I don't really rember what exit I have to take off 80, and does any one else know what time the run is on sat, I just need to know what time I am leaving home to get there

Well, the curse is back, well sorta. I recieved word today that it is a good friend's birthday Friday, and another friend's wedding reception on Saturday of this week (I thought it was next week, she never got me an invitation). Sooo I may be out of it. At the very least, I'll go out for the birthday and leave early early on sat to meet up with you guys. What time are ya'll headin' on on Sat?

Justin, what's your email?
John, now that you said that, you'll need them.
Friskey, I got away with wrapping a tow strap around my front bumper the first time I went in, I'll check with the board if that is acceptable.
Matt, hear that, this week sucks, does anyone know of any place looking for a Machinist?:D

Originally posted by Muskrat
....does anyone know of any place looking for a Machinist?:D

I'm not sure if we're hiring anyone right now (website says no, but it's never updated :rolleyes: ) but check out http://www.krautkramer.com/company/jobs.htm . We have a full machine shop with both cnc and manuals, and have about 25 machinist working 2 shifts. If you have journeyman's papers, it would be a big help.

Yea, I'm deffinatly not going, can't no money, and truck is still broken. My liscence is in jepordy and I've used all my money plus some friends money for lawyer fees. You might see my truck up for sale soon :(

That sucks :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not going this weekend. He wants to take more time to visit a place so far away. 1 weekend isn't enough (plus we are running out of money) He gets 1 weeks vacation in a few months....

Thanks for all the quick input though. I think we will be going to Harrisonburg and staying at the KOA. 4wheeling is free in the GWNF! :) And is only 1/2 hour from Edinburg fourwheeling, too (also free).

Money talks....I listen! School clothes to buy...birthday present for the hubby.

Speaking of machinists....my husband has a new machine shop and I was trying to find something to buy him for it. The only tools he really has for his machines (mill & a lathe) are the bits and some vices. But no good tool posts or metal for making things. Any ideas where I can find this stuff? Or something else the machinist in the making has GOT to have?

Thanks.

Back