yellow wrench light-2006 Mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

yellow wrench light-2006 Mountaineer

cntrylaw

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Base
I have posted before and no one helped me with my last post, I am hoping to have some now.
After having many acceleration issues recently, I started with having the throttle body cleaned and when that did not work, my husband and I decided to replace my throttle body and MAF, new spark plugs, wires and we had to change the front wheel bearing hubs. Now I am still having acceleration issues and this morning on my way into work, the wrench light came on and for the fisrt time I have felt the hard shift and jolt. I am afraid to drive this truck, as it may leave me stranded. I really don't want to dump more money into this thing, I just want to be safe. So, does anyone have any ideas of what we may need to try next. I am losing faith in my dealer too. They told me this morning that I would need to change my rear wheel bearings first and that might "fix the problem", That does not seem right to me, and I don't hear any noise like I did in my front. I think they are attempting to take me for a fool. Please help, I am not feeling safe in my truck

Oh and I believe I have a sealed transmission, if that makes any difference on any ideas for help. Thank you all in advance.

Yellow wrench is different from error codes. Wrench means something with ABS or traction control.
Check the abs tone ring on the rear axles.

Without pulling the stored codes, you are only going to get guesses.

Most auto parts stores will allow you to borrow their OBD2 reader. $0.00 and you can then determine the path to repair.

Thanks for the info, but I am over itnow. We got rid of it yesterday and got something new and reliable.

Back