Yep I'm elite.. but I dont have an explorer anymore! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yep I'm elite.. but I dont have an explorer anymore!

Well I finally went Elite, been around for a while, although my post count probably doesn't reflect it. Ponying up a few bucks was the least I could do for this freakin amazing site. Anyways, enough @ss kissin. Here's the homesite/garage and all the pics...
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/davesexplorer2
^^ Feel free to gimme some positive votes on there ;)

This is what I started out with when I joined.. Memories :D

258276_1.jpg

(Before I had a digital camera!!!!) :eek: my 1995 XLT OHV V6

Then.. after the flood waters took her... I bought my Sport! 1999 SOHC V6

728977_113.jpg

And when the timing chain started to spell disaster in the sport! I went and traded to the big brother! 2003 Expedition XLT FX4 (At least I'm keepin it in the family right?) So I guess I'm an Elite Expeditioner now? If that's okay that is?

2446156_1.jpg

2446156_4.jpg

2446156_3.jpg

I dont plan on going anywhere, so I'll see you all on the boards :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't know they made FX4 Expeditions. Yours is really nice. :thumbsup:

I also didnt know there was an FX4 Expedition

The FX4 is sweeeeeet! I love my Ex, but I really could use some more living room inside!

Thanks all! It is extremely roomy inside, maybe I'll skip an apartment next year and just park next to a 24hr store! j/k

I didn't know there were FX4 varieties until I saw this one, It's nice having something somewhat unique in a sea of explorers/expeditions. The package came with tube steps, black headlights, power third row, full skid plate protection and off-road tuned suspension. Options for mine include 6disc cd (replaced soon anyhow), leather interior, full power, adj pedals, 5.4 and I think that's it.

Very nice Expedition.

That's a serious upgrade in space from the 2dr X to an Expedition. Imagine all the extra amps and speakers you could install. :D

So when do you plan on gettin' rid of that stock stereo? Any plans for a lift and/or bigger tires?

Well I think lifts are few and far between for the IRS, and I wouldn't think of doing anything drastic till a long ways down the road. Stock stereo could be tossed as early as next week, depending on my work schedule, the 6 disc indash could help fund my next HU purchase.

MMM extra amps and speakers... drool. Hmm 4 18"s would fit now.

Good Lord...eighteens? :eek:

Talk about redefining the word "Boom" :D ...and imagine all the car alarms you'll set off as you drive down College Ave.

lol, I am pretty responsible with my stereo, I need my hearing!

On another note, K&N intake and Ford factory taillight guards coming Monday! I'm foregoing the aftermarket taillights for now.. the only ones I like are the black LED versions and they are $300+.
icn9102.gif

Next up Is the stereo obviously getting reworked, 9006 HID lowbeams, and possibly exhaust. I love the sound of the 5.4! :)

davesexplorer said:
lol, I am pretty responsible with my stereo, I need my hearing!

On another note, K&N intake and Ford factory taillight guards coming Monday! I'm foregoing the aftermarket taillights for now.. the only ones I like are the black LED versions and they are $300+.
icn9102.gif

Next up Is the stereo obviously getting reworked, 9006 HID lowbeams, and possibly exhaust. I love the sound of the 5.4! :)

Cool...where did you find the tail light guards? I'd like to get a set of those for my Ex...black, not chrome like the Mounties have...

Found it on ebay, they are ford manufactured and could be ordered by dealers. Maybe they have the same thing for explorers? AVS and Lund both make something like it as well for explorers.

BTW got the K&N intake on this morning.. sounds like heaven!! Now I just have to toss the factory muffler for something throatier, like a Flow 40 series :cool:

mmm K&N!
2446156_13_full.jpg

and covers installed:
2446156_14.jpg

2446156_15.jpg

Put a Flowmaster 40 series non-delta on yesterday, along with a nice 3.5" shiny Gibson slash cut tip. Sounds downright mean between the intake/exhaust not too loud not quiet at all! Pics maybe a movie to come...

Now that was a smack!!!

Installed 8000k HID's and EGR ventvisors, 2500k fogs en route... will have before/after shots coming. I can tell you this though, I am loving the HID's!!!!

:)

ALPINE W200 installed. I have a sonic the hedgehog background right now, with three other custom backgrounds on a disc right now.
2446156_17.jpg

Stereo wise - I have two FI Audio BTL full optioned 18" subs ready and waiting for a box. Two kicker SSMB8 8" midbass woofers waiting for me to fiberglass them some pods.
2446156_30.jpg

SSMB8 8" woofers w/ RS comps..
728977_116.jpg

Kicker Components front and rear stealth install.., powered by a ZX650.4 for now.

Front.
2446156_18.jpg

2446156_19.jpg

Rear.
2446156_21.jpg

2446156_22.jpg

8000k HID's in, with 2500k xenon fogs :)

2446156_43.jpg

2446156_34.jpg

2446156_39.jpg

the cutoff is really good on the factory lenses, no symptoms of bad glare showing : ) No night shots of the new yellow fogs though, I just put them in before work!

Also Kicker SX700.4 put in, renamed by myself! And what it looks like in my cargo area till I build an enclosure for the two BTL's, and make amp racks...

2446156_36.jpg

2446156_35.jpg

Next are the NU Image white flame guages I got today!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back