Yes!! Soon to tune!!!! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yes!! Soon to tune!!!!

Teaser pics of the new toys I have been getting from James

www.hensonperformance.com

Lightning maf--and wideband commander--yeah baby!

Look at the diameter of the front and rear of maf housing.

now that is sure to suck, in a good way!!

Attachments

• maf and wideband.jpg
    maf and wideband.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,221
  • maf front diameter.jpg
    maf front diameter.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,190
  • maf rear diemeter.jpg
    maf rear diemeter.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,212

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jon, are you going to do a before and after dyno?
No
That would be a waste of money-
I'll know if it runs good from data alone. HP numbers mean squat. Track numbers count.
Besides-my truck is not safe to drive the 2+hours to a dyno until it is tuned.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Do you want my VC2000 to test it, I plan to have real times before I change to 4WD, and the 347.

You hadn't heard of that yes? It's the first 1/4 mile test device that came out, it was about $450 then, before the cheap $100 stuff popped up. This device shows about 25 data points, mph, G's, time, for many points from stop to 1320 feet. It was within a tenth of friend's time slips for their 1/8th mile runs. I got over 18 seconds the one time I tested my 98 truck, my first LSC ran about 15.5 before I wrecked it.

Wow, that's good for a laugh, their prices have gone up haven't they? They want more for the used VC2000 than I gave for it when new. Thanks,

Wow?! You might be able to buy a dyno at that price?

wasent the name of this thread SOON to tune?

We are futher along on this than the thread suggest..... Just dropping a hint! Lips tightly sealed-LOL! I know a secret :p:

curious minds want to know

magazines used to or still use that meter. Even the cheapo original G-Techs work, I took it to the track and mph was slightly high by a few percent high due to difference where mph is read at the end of the track or something. I wouldnt trust the HP readings in the old units, not sure about the newer models.

Hints are for cute blondes in short skirts, cold hard facts are for men who work on big powerfull SUVs :thumbsup:

Says the guy with the Jet Chip...
1poke.gif

joke.gif

Says the guy with the Jet Chip...
1poke.gif

joke.gif

Actualy i ended up getting my sct flip chip in while i was away from the forums. And it ran soooo much smoother and din't lean out at high RPMs.
Anyone that cares to know Dyno numbers were: 253 hp and 326 lbs of torque.
But enough of talking about my wrecked truck back to Jon's truck and the hints! And what they are! :mad:

Jet chip confusious say: Tuning almost done, run into snag. Once finish-we will start thread=cold hard fact.:p:

Back