yet another SOA question..

white96x

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rancho Cuc,Ca(home) SLO,Ca(school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 E.B.
ok ok ok, i've searched, maybe not very thoroughly but i still can't find a straight answer:
Doing an SOA tommorow with JoshS(thanks again) i have the kit, new perches with shock mounts, swaybar dropdown brackets & extended e-brake hardware, will also also need extended brake lines? i mean i know it will be a good idea obviously and i will in fact get them within a couple weeks, but do i need to do them at the same time as my SOA or can i roll around for alittle bit and be ok? thanks in advance....
p.s. i will also be putting the stock shackles back on, so it will just be an SOA, not an SOA w/shackles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still running my stock rear brake line. Just bend the upper bracket down 3 or 4" from the frame and it'll be fine. I never found someone that made an extended brake line for the 2nd gen other than custom anyway.

I, also, am using the stock line, bent just like jefe said

Jefe said:
Just bend the upper bracket down 3 or 4" from the frame and it'll be fine.

Will this trick work on the 1st Gens as well? and just the back or the front, too?

Overkil said:
Will this trick work on the 1st Gens as well? and just the back or the front, too?
I beleive the rear line for the 1st gen is routed differently so I don't know. And no it probably won't work for the front

ok well it's finally done(thanks again josh) it took us about 5 1/2 hours..smooth though..other than the fact that we had to hack off the stock traction bars and take off the stock pumpkin shock (i'll replace this soon enough)...and the swaybar is disconnected for now, until i install the dropdown brackets. i'm kinda mad though i put the stock shackles back on, and took the AAL out and i STILL sit higher in the rear...anyone selling some 100mm length torrsion adjusters

oh ya and another thing, i think i'm going to have to get an alignment again, on my way home i noticed that my steering wheel sits a little crooked and it pull's to the left...no biggie

I wonder why your alignment would be off?? Oh well, hey bend that brakeline thingy down like those guys said if you haven't already, I didn't know about that when we installed it. You still gettin that vibration?

Me and Ryan had to hack the torsion bars off (like he said above) cuz we were too lazy to unbolt them. Did we really have to do this or what? It didn't seem as though there was any way to get the bars back into the upper mounting holes with the axle down that far, even with jacking it up. We're gonna make some nice new ones, but I was just curious about that.

ya Josh that brake cable's taken care of...and no the Trac bars wouldn't reach regardless, i even tried to see if they would that day that i put my pumkpin shock on and they were like an inch short. I don't know why my alignment would be off either, it's kinda strange, also i think i might need to get my driveshaft extended, i'm guessing thats where the vibration is coming from b/c my slip yoke is pretty far out...anyone else do this? Extended their driveshaft after an SOA?

Back