Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Yostyexplorer94's Hybrid Roll Cage

Discussion in 'Offroad Fabrication - Bumpers, Sliders, Cages etc.' started by yostyexplorer94, April 15, 2018.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. gmanpaint

gmanpaint It's Always Something! Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    MO MO
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 & 95 XLT's
    Might ask the Mrs, if you can take some time for that, so you can get it all painted before it rusts on ya.

As John Snow says... WINTERS COMING.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. yostyexplorer94

yostyexplorer94 Yost Offroad Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    South Central PA
    1994 Explorer
    Callsign:
    yosty
    I just saw this. I painted it as it was for the rust reason.

I was very unhappy with my b pillar placement. I couldn't put my seat back the whole way so I have been somewhat cramped since the cage install.

I cut the b pillar hoop completely out and relocated it further back. I initially wanted to keep the ability to put the rear seats back in and I placed it over the body mount in case I never tie into the frame. Now I have it placed where I can tie into the frame easier and there will be no leg room for the back seats. I removed the rear seat belts too so it is pretty finalized now.

I have plenty of leg room up front now and that is nice! I did not take any pictures of the progress. I still have to tie it into the upper seat belt mount on the pillar for added support and would like to tie into a lower portion of the b pillar sometime.

4. yostyexplorer94

yostyexplorer94 Yost Offroad Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    South Central PA
    1994 Explorer
    Callsign:
    yosty