you have to see this explorer

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
this guy just joined midwest-xplorers.com what do you think? i think its incredibly perfect.

Attachments

• candy4.jpg
    candy4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,008

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and another

Attachments

• candy3.jpg
    candy3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 957

Is this the one that was in the Dupont registry? Cause it looks just like it.

That is one nice truck

I love the way that X looks especially the paint job. That is one nice street X that will get some looks when rolling down the street:D

I saw pictures of that a few days ago, absolutely stunning. He's getting mad lift from the bags too, I'm interested to know how his front suspension is configured.

beautiful! what kind of paint is that?...looks like the same scheme as the mystic cobras in 96.

i respect the amount of work that went into it, but personally, i dont like it......

"The license plate said 'Fresh' and it had dice on the mirror"

J/K I think it looks great, I love the color tones and MAN is he (or she [PC]) getting a lot of lift and drop out of the bags.

I would like to see what the interior looks like if any mods were made in there.

Is that a custom front bumper? Sure doesn't look stock or from e.e.

Very nice I just saw that the other day on cardomain its awesome the chamaleon (spelling?) paint is very nice. are those 20s?

simply awesome. :eek:

BTW, i had a friend paint a truck that "cameleon" color about 2 years ago. the paint alone was $6000.

Originally posted by sonkakaro
Is that a custom front bumper? Sure doesn't look stock or from e.e.

Is it the Ranger Splash bumper w/cover? That's what it kind of looks like from the angle I can see.

That X looks great!....nice rims

I'm pretty sure that's a 99/00 style bumper.

Here's Dave's Sport Trac with one of those special paint jobs.
Dave owns a body shop in Rockford, Ill. I think he has said that the paint for his truck cost in the neighborhood of $4000-$5000. At least he didn't have to pay labor since he did it himself. And he totally stripped the truck when he did it.
You can see more pictures in his library: http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/memberlib.asp?view=2161&top=1

Here's Daves description of the paint he used:
Painted with Dupont Chromallusion Aqua Purpleen paint, changes colors from a Emerald Green to a Navy Blue to a Deep Amythyst, the color change is subtle and looks sweet.

His paint job is more subtle than the X that expo 5.0 posted. Pictures don't do it justice. It's better to see it in person.

Doh! Forgot the attachment!
Here it is:

Attachments

• smvc-007f.jpg
    smvc-007f.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 786

a friend of mine has his bagged s-10 painted in the chromealluison and it looks sweet at different angles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heres another

Attachments

• candy1.jpg
    candy1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 768

Back