You never know who you'll see on the trail! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

You never know who you'll see on the trail!

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
I took a couple friends out wheelin' tonight. One of them had never been wheelin' before. Just as we were about to head back home I stopped near the pavement to unlock the hubs.

There were several people there in their 2wd pickup and we asked them how things were going, they told us that they had a truck stuck in a ditch and were waiting for a tow.

I offered to pull them out and we drove over to their stuck truck, another 2wd, it was a small Nissan and was lightly stuck.

After pulling him out he said that he had called a friend of his who also had a built Explorer. I immediately figured it had to be MikeX. A few minutes later Mike comes blasting down the trail with his full set of off-road lights blazing.

It was good to finally meet Mike in person and check out his truck. He got it back from the body shop after he had put it on it's roof a few weeks ago. It looked great even at night! Nice bright red paint job and that cool late model Explorer fiberglass front end.

Anyway, I hope to hook up with him again so we can do some wheelin'. Mike if you read this give me a call and we'll get that tie rod for you from my parts truck.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
rick@4x4central.com
www.explorer4x4.com
Ricks Explorer

Back