Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
... i just got the word i may have to go to yuma the 1st and 2nd week of may, not 100% sure yet... i more than likely will be taking my ranger and i was wondering if anyone is in the area for a meet and greet or a light trail run???
...i will be there for work and i don't know what day i might get off but, i sure could schedule a day to meet EF members in the area...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me know how the weather is cauz about a year ago, I found a job at Yuma under the same company I'm in now , so I checked Yuma's weather for that day, and it was 104° -- woops! But then everyone says its "dry heat" :).

no Yuma is the hottest place in AZ, it's hot dry or not.

I saw something about a Yuma 4wd club in Offroad Adventures Magazine a few issues ago, but I don't know of any members from here that live there. MadMike used to be a regular, but I haven't heard from him in a while

...yea, i figured it would be 105* steady but it's alot cooler than the month i spent in joshua tree with an average of 117*...the dezert heat don't bother me but i would also do hooters for a meet n greet..just kidding, i'll have the little one with me, her highness, the desert rat..:D

...i thought there was someone close to there and i believe it was madmike...:scratch:...i think the last time i seen him on here was last summer???

no Yuma is the hottest place in AZ, it's hot dry or not.

I saw something about a Yuma 4wd club in Offroad Adventures Magazine a few issues ago, but I don't know of any members from here that live there. MadMike used to be a regular, but I haven't heard from him in a while

Sorry Dannyboy, here in the Lake Havasu/Parker area we have Yuma SMOKED!!. Our temps run a GOOD 5+ over Yuma and about 7-8 over Phoenix. The ONLY place hotter than here is Death Valley.

But you'll be back for Big Bear on the 3rd right?

...i will know in the next week if i am going for sure...i might be leaving friday before big bear...:(...thats why i haven't posted anything in that thread yet as i still want to do big bear...

The weather is just about perfect right now. Got any areas in mind or just general? Ever been here before?

Let me know how the weather is cauz about a year ago, I found a job at Yuma under the same company I'm in now , so I checked Yuma's weather for that day, and it was 104° -- woops! But then everyone says its "dry heat" :).
So is an oven... :D I love the heat; it keeps all the snow birds away!

...i haven't been to yuma in years, since they had convicts..(yuma joke)...i learned today the dates will be around the 14th before i head out there if i am doing the job...as for areas or what not, i just want to see some of the area and meet more E.F. members...
...after yuma i should be heading straight to pismo beach...:D

So far it looks like the blazing heat is holding off for now. You may get lucky and have some nice wheeling weather.

...here, we had 102* last sunday, dipped to 69 and now some stations are calling for 70's while the others are calling 90's for this weekend...:confused:

...trying to climatize this time of year is tough....:rolleyes:

Hey tbars let me know when it is i would def be down for a meet and great down around yuma i havent dipped down that far south in the state yet i still have yet to make it farther into cali then salton actually

...cool, as soon as i know i will be doing that job i'll post some more info...:D

..:thumbsup:...now i am hoping to confirm the job....and i will make sure i get a weekend day off...:D

HA i guess i jump on board and say im waiting on a day to tell the bosses....(DAMN ECONOMY FORCING PEOPLE TO WORK TO JOBS JUST TO SURVIVE)

...i should have a definate sometime between the first and the 14th...:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good deal tbars

Back