Zero throttle response | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zero throttle response

Hey guys,

If your vehicles are still experiencing this symptom, I recommend taking it to the dealer to get diagnosed. Our certified technicians will be happy to take a look! Also, please PM me your VIN and mileage. I’ll check the available options to assist! :)

Please keep an eye on it. If you need me, don’t hesitate to give me a shout! :thumbsup:

Tricia

Took it in last week. Could not duplicate and no error codes. No surprise there, it's not real easy to duplicate. On the way home tried it myself and it acted great.

Happened to me too, but with mine, accompanied by TMS fault. No acceleration, cycling of ignition is required to reset and to be able to get it running to reach the dealer. Also, check engine light is on. After diagnostic, they found a code related to the throttle. They said that they "cleaned" the throttle and "reprogrammed the PCM". After testing it out, the problem did not show anymore and other errors did not appear in the instrument cluster. Hoping that they really fixed the issue. Also, unfortunately, it is out of warranty so I might end up paying for stuff that I'm not sure if it is really necessary or even a real fix

I had a similar experience of these symptoms where you don't get any throttle response. However mine wasn't from a stop, it was when you're already moving and simply floor it for more acceleration. I posted this in another thread, you can search: "Engine stuttering, slipping under WOT, no boost"

Basically you floor the gas pedal and for me the acceleration was very, very, minimal and occasionally you'd get some power from the engine kicking in and out.

The dealer eventually found the problem. It was a cracked vacuum hose at the throttle body.
Work order says:
VACCUM LEAK AT TCBY.
- FOLLOWED PPT HN1 AND HN2 FOUND VACUUM LEAK AT TCBY VALVE. REPAIRED VACUUM LEAK.

Back