Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Before:
1I.jpg

After:
collage1.jpg

I had just bought the truck for 4k with just over 100k miles on it, was just going to be a daily driver but decided to make it a capable off road vehicle. Soon you will see the transformation of this truck into the ZAPV or Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle.

This is how I got the truck.
1I.jpg

1IV.jpg

I decided to put bed liner on all of the plastic parts, and it looked good. At this point I thought I was done with the body (foolish me) I was going to settle for a good looking with minor capabilities truck.

2I.jpg

2II.jpg

2III.jpg

2IV.jpg

S7303032.jpg

I soon grew tiered of all the plastic wrapped around the truck, and the fact that the bed liner wasn’t sticking to it, so I pulled all of the plastic off and started over. I filled all of the holes left by the plastic with bondo or expanding insulation foam.

3II.jpg

3I.jpg

3III.jpg

Bed lining was applied next. The whole truck was covered (including the rear wheel well). This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

S7303454.jpg

S7303456.jpg

S7303457.jpg

S7303458.jpg

S7303459.jpg

(this is where I put bondo to fill in the divit.
S7303461.jpg

S7303463.jpg

And at last the Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV. It is the essential vehicle to use in case of a zombie outbreak, it can drive long distances, prevent rust, clime mountains, find high ground, and cover your sent from the brain eating *******s. This should not be your only plan in an zombie infestation, but you should always keep several options on the table. A vehicle would be the first step of a evacuation from an infected area. You would only want to use it to get out of a major city and make it to a relatively rural zone where you can take a high vantage point. Remember always be prepared.

collage1.jpg

S7303498.jpg

S7303485.jpg

S7303484.jpg

S7303473.jpg

EDIT: I don't have time to make rules and such for membership so if any one want to be in Team ZAPV just pick a number (except 1-3)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Anyone ever play that game from like 94, Zombies ate my neighbors?
In the game, I clearly remember fighting off vampires, werewolves, huge demonic babies.
Now, Who said the zombies will come alone?
Like previously stated. You can never be to ready =D

And, I think Lining the rims would look so BA

i know that geeze....but it's always fun to watch a zombie walk in circles on fire and eventually die!!!! (might take a little longer but a little more entertaining)

Also, fire is always good weather to burn zombies or people it makes things interesting!!

i know that geeze....but it's always fun to watch a zombie walk in circles on fire and eventually die!!!! (might take a little longer but a little more entertaining)

now that's the type of thing that gets people killed. while your distracted(entertained) watching the zombie walk in circles on fire another one comes from nowhere and bites off the top of your skull

eh...very true, but isn't that why we own X's?????? burn him then watch in safety....possibly running other zombies over!!!

this is officially the greatest thread on here!!!

very clever. thought we could use a clip from one of my favorite movies with zombies in it.

i love this movie so much i made a little pic with me in it. this is my actual my myspace pic
shaun_scream.jpg

I made a nifty neck guard.
Its simple
Take an elastic.
An cut one side of a toilet paper roll
Then figure it out and it goes on the back of your neck

Ok another question about this. If a Zombie has no problem biting through your head and eating your brain how is a cardboard toilet paper roll going to stop them and protect you?

A note on fire, Yes it will kill the zombie (as it cooks the brain) however a zombie on fire is nothing more than a hazard to you and your surroundings. Case in point you use a "fire bomb" to light a zombie up, He, not feeling pain, will continue to peruse you and intern ignite everything around him (even other zombies).

My roommate has been going on about the imminent zombie attack for years. I always thought it was a joke, until I read this and then started poking around here. Now I realize it's only a matter of time :eek: I don't have any plans to convert my X to a ZAPV, though if I built one I would look for some sort of a diesel powered vehicle.

btw, the tailgate graphic is hilarious, for now... :thumbsup:

I was thinking about starting a web page with all the info needed on converting a vehicle to a zapv and what would be best escape routs for various regions of the country (us only sorry) and basic survival skills and first aid. Also I would put us useful zombie advice, such as "Machetes never run out of ammo" and "Highways are tombs, pavement is you enemy"

Back