Turbocharged Lincoln LS...Video and Pics inside... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turbocharged Lincoln LS...Video and Pics inside...

Obviously this is not an Explorer, but it sure is "Need For Speed". This is one of the projects I have been busy with lately.

Here are the specs on the mods: Custom Garrett T04E 60 Trim Turbo, FMIC, Tial 38mm WG, SCT Xcal2, Ford GT fuel pump, Cobra 39lb Injectors

I plan to boost it to 4 psi on the street and likely 6-7 for track days. It should make enough power to go 12's. I finally got it out of the garage and started it today. You cannot hear the turbo much because its just idling but the exhaust note itself does sound pretty good.

I just started tuning it so there are no power results yet. Those will come soon.

Here is a quick video of the build. Turbo LS Build Video

Attachments

• LS Turbo Project Pics 004.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics 004.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,622
  • LS Turbo Project Pics 005.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics 005.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,340
  • LS Turbo Project Pics 015.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics 015.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,317
  • LS Turbo Project Pics 022.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics 022.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,502

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMG-Sexy_RedX.jpg

Pics should be fixed. Here are some more too.

Attachments

• LS Turbo Project Pics Day 3-4 022.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics Day 3-4 022.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,332
  • LS Turbo Project Pics Day 3-4 016.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics Day 3-4 016.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,251
  • LS Turbo Project Pics Day 3-4 013.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics Day 3-4 013.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,286
  • LS Turbo Project Pics Day 3-4 005.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics Day 3-4 005.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,619

More Pics...

Attachments

• LS Turbo Project Pics Day 5 005.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics Day 5 005.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,258
  • LS Turbo Project Pics Day 6 004.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics Day 6 004.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,330
  • LS Turbo Project Pics Day 7 004.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics Day 7 004.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,224
  • LS Turbo Project Pics Day 7 008.jpg
    LS Turbo Project Pics Day 7 008.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,429

Nice work. very clean install. I like, and it sounds mean at an idle. (I can hear the turbo)

I also like the dual exhaust coming out of the turbo. I think you gave me an idea.

Robert - Is that 2" pipe on the cold side?

we're going to have to race teh sedan's eh?

Nice work. very clean install. I like, and it sounds mean at an idle. (I can hear the turbo)

I also like the dual exhaust coming out of the turbo. I think you gave me an idea.

Robert - Is that 2" pipe on the cold side?

Thanks.

Yes it is 2" aluminum tubing on the cold side. Once it hits the FMIC it steps up to 2.5". Then coming out of the FMIC it steps to 3" and then from 3" to 4" into the MAF sample tube. I should be able to use the stocker MAF in this larger sample tube and retain good drivability while also not maxxing the MAF with the turbo. If I do end up maxxing the MAF then I will move to a PMAS HPX meter (otherwise known as the SCT BA5000). Once I get to really doing some WOT pulls then I will see what I am dealing with.

we're going to have to race teh sedan's eh?

Race of the daily drivers... Hehe. After that can we race in the Explorer's??? :D;)

Okay - So have you kept your foot out of it? I know it's going to get tempting. ;)

Okay - So have you kept your foot out of it? I know it's going to get tempting. ;)

I am a patient person so the answer is yes. I have kept my foot out of it so far. I am in the initial tuning phase right now. I haven't even really logged this thing yet besides taking a gander at the A/F's.

let's not race explorers

i'm hoping for 350 hp and 400 tq from the "daily" but it's going to storage as soon as i get the sc bolted on and running (then adding more goodies in spring)

the winter beater is a bit lighter than our "dailys" but it makes 297/250 and i think if we're racing anytime soon i'd have to bring that.

let's not race explorers

i'm hoping for 350 hp and 400 tq from the "daily" but it's going to storage as soon as i get the sc bolted on and running (then adding more goodies in spring)

the winter beater is a bit lighter than our "dailys" but it makes 297/250 and i think if we're racing anytime soon i'd have to bring that.

Not bad. That 350 you are looking for is at the wheels right? Good stuff. I am looking for around 360-375rwhp and similar tq. I think your car would take mine in a 1/4 run due to it being lighter (3400lbs???) than the LS (3772lbs). I will be happy with 12's in the LS.

a MIG welder would mean cleaner beads, remote setup isnt bad though, getting it tucked in there is the key

a MIG welder would mean cleaner beads, remote setup isnt bad though, getting it tucked in there is the key

No, more practice with my welder would mean cleaner beads. ;) I had not used my welder for anything more than laying a small bead here or there. It took some getting used to. The beads were laying down pretty damn nice for a MIG welder once I got the hang of it. The pictures do not do allot of the welds justice due to the way the light reflects off of them.

I agree, if you want to see every mistake and flaw, post the pics on the net. I usually take pics and they look way different in person. I post them on the net and realize it looks like crap. (Not saying yours look like crap)

Nice work.

I agree, if you want to see every mistake and flaw, post the pics on the net. I usually take pics and they look way different in person. I post them on the net and realize it looks like crap. (Not saying yours look like crap)

Nice work.

Everything is worse on the net compared to in person. Another example of that would be the exhaust note. I can barely hear it in the video with my laptop speakers. However, if I go outside and fire the car up the real sound doesn't even compare to the sound in the vid... Much more mean in person.

I understood what you meant by the last few sentences there Jake. No prob.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice work guy, very clean install. That set up looks like it belongs there...lol You should really sell a kit, I bet you would have a few buyers.

1 thing though, clean that engine compartment!!!!! You can't have a kick ass setup like that with a dirty engine compartment, thats in the rule book!

Awesome job man

Back